Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send Email to group ids
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send Email to group ids Post 302440919 by nareshprasannar on Thursday 29th of July 2010 01:51:03 AM
Old 07-29-2010
Send Email to group ids

You can send emails to multiple ids as follows

Code:
mailx -s "subject" id1 id2 .. idn < inpfile.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which can send file to diffrent mail ids.

Hi i am looking for the script which can send file to different mailids, please halp me out. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Please list email ids or contact info of members

Hi , Is it possible to list the user's email id for further communication. Thanks, MoonwalaPL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonwalapl
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sending email to multiple IDs

Hi, I am trying to send an email to multiple IDs from Unix script. I have given the EmailIds in a file and trying to use the file as input in the script. > cat Email EmailID = "abc@xyz.com cbz@xyz.com" In my script I have . /Email mailx -s "subj" $EmailID This fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send a mail to IDs listed in a text file

I have a list of mail ids in text file and want a ksh script that reads this text file and sends a mail to all mail ids with same subject line and content. I am using UX-HP machine and KSH. Thanks for help in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email ids trucated in Mailx function

I wanted to send email to list of people using mailx in unix. I am getting the emailds from a oracle table and getting the ids in a variable. Shell script is shown below: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- filename=testdata921 export filename... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasi02
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mails based on email ids residing in table?

Hello Gurus, I have one table which consists of two field:- PROG_NAME EMAIL xxxx email1,email2,email3 yyyy email4,email1,email2 I want to to send mails by using mailx command. But how do I get each and every mail ids from table against... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Email ids from gecos

I would like to extract only the email ids from the gecos of each user id. I have to get the email ids of all the users on the server like this. Can someone please assist me with the command/script? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email IDs added to .mailrc aliases not receiving mails

hi, I added an email id to a list of existing aliases in .mailrc on my unix box, using vi editor. However, the new id has not been receiving any mails from the box. Kindly help as to what needs to be done here. Does the box need to be rebooted for these changes to reflect? Is there any other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
5 Replies
VCS::Lite::Delta(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     VCS::Lite::Delta(3pm)

NAME
VCS::Lite::Delta - VCS::Lite differences SYNOPSIS
use VCS::Lite; # diff my $lit = VCS::Lite->new('/home/me/foo1.txt'); my $lit2 = VCS::Lite->new('/home/me/foo2.txt'); my $difftxt = $lit->delta($lit2)->diff; print OUTFILE $difftxt; # patch my $delt = VCS::Lite::Delta->new('/home/me/patch.diff'); my $lit3 = $lit->patch($delt); print OUTFILE $lit3->text; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a Delta class for the differencing functionality of VCS::Lite API
new The underlying object of VCS::Lite::Delta is an array of difference chunks (hunks) such as that returned by Algorithm::Diff. The constructor takes the following forms: my $delt = VCS::Lite::Delta->new( '/my/file.diff',$sep); # File name my $delt = VCS::Lite::Delta->new( *FILE,$sep); # File handle my $delt = VCS::Lite::Delta->new( $string,$sep); # String as scalar ref my $delt = VCS::Lite::Delta->new( @foo, $id1, $id2) # Array ref $sep here is a regexp by which to split strings into tokens. The default is to use the natural perl mechanism of $/ (which is emulated when not reading from a file). The arrayref form is assuming an array of hunks such as the output from Algorithm::Diff::diff. The other forms assume the input is the text form of a diff listing, either in diff format, or in unified format. The input is parsed, and errors are reported. diff print OUTFILE $delt->diff This generates a standard diff format, for example: 4c4 < Now wherefore stopp'st thou me? --- > Now wherefore stoppest thou me? udiff print OUTFILE $delt->udiff This generates a unified diff (like diff -u) similar to the form in which patches are submitted. id my ($id1,$id2) = $delt->id; $delt2->id('foo.pl@@1','foo.pl@@3') The id method allows get and set of the names associated with the two elements being diffed. The id is set for delta objects returned by VCS::Lite->diff, to the element IDs of the VCS::Lite objects being diffed. Diff format omits the file names, hence the IDs will not be populated by new. This is not the case with diff -u format, which includes the file names which are passed in and available as IDs. hunks my @hunklist = $delt->hunks A hunk is a technical term for a section of input containing a difference. Each hunk is an arrayref, containing the block of lines. Each line is itself an arrayref, for example: [ [ '+', 9, 'use Acme::Foo;'], [ '-', 9, 'use Acme::Bar;'], ] See the documentation on Algorithm::Diff for more details of this structure. BUGS, PATCHES &; FIXES There are no known bugs at the time of this release. However, if you spot a bug or are experiencing difficulties that are not explained within the POD documentation, please send an email to barbie@cpan.org or submit a bug to the RT system (see link below). However, it would help greatly if you are able to pinpoint problems or even supply a patch. http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=VCS-Lite Fixes are dependant upon their severity and my availablity. Should a fix not be forthcoming, please feel free to (politely) remind me. AUTHOR
Original Author: Ivor Williams (RIP) 2008-2009 Current Maintainer: Barbie <barbie@cpan.org> 2009 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Ivor Williams, 2002-2006 Copyright (c) Barbie, 2009 LICENCE
You may use, modify and distribute this module under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Algorithm::Diff. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-25 VCS::Lite::Delta(3pm)