Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba 3.5.4 compile error
Operating Systems Solaris Samba 3.5.4 compile error Post 302440638 by zhum on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 11:02:37 PM
Old 07-28-2010
Yes, i installed Libintl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error in compile C by gcc

Hi all, I compile my c program and get following result hrnpfc01.c:1387: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1387: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1388: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1388: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1396: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1396: parse error before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zico
4 Replies

2. Programming

compile error while using dlopen

Hi unix lovers, I am getting error while compile a function which uses dlopen. My code is I am getting error as follows Am I missing something? I think I am missing a lot :-) I am using solaris. Thanks in advance, -Ashish (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
5 Replies

3. Programming

Compile error

Dear All I have a program writen in C and test in Unix. Now, I am try to run this program in windows 2000. I am receiving an error ]_getopt is not define. I will appreciate if any one can help explain to me why this problem is hapening and to slove this problem. Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: coulio
9 Replies

4. Programming

compile error message

i was trying to compile a c program and got the error below. i need help on how to resolve this $ make -ef putput `if ; then echo getinf.awk ; else echo getora.awk;fi` EI.sql `if ; then echo esql -static ; else echo esqlo8i;fi` -O -I. -c EI`if ; then echo .ec; else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: putput
4 Replies

5. Programming

C compile error

hello can anyone help? :confused: i make a C code in FreeBSD 5.4 and it succeed to run the program requires connection to mysql server when i try to compile it under solaris i get this error message ld: fatal: file ./lib/libmysqlclient.so: wrong ELF machine type: EM_386 why? and how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuampang
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Kernel compile error

Hi I'm compiling a real-time kernel in linux, but after I type make bzImage things end with this: (Things going well doing CC and things).... CC arch/x86/kernel/kgdb.o CC arch/x86/kernel/vm86_32.o CC arch/x86/kernel/early_printk.o CC arch/x86/kernel/ipipe.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdop
2 Replies

8. Slackware

Error compile NFS

Tryng to compile nfs-utils to latest packages but.. make: Entering directory `/tmp/nfs-utils-1.2.8/utils/gssd' /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -Wall -Wextra -Wstrict-prototypes -pipe -O2 -fPIC -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/kerberos/include -O2 -fPIC -ltirpc -o gssd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Compile samba with krb5

./configure --prefix=/opt/samba --libdir=/opt/samba/lib --bindir=/opt/samba/bin --sbindir=/opt/samba/sbin --mandir=/opt/samba/man --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/samba --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba/locks --with-privatedir=/etc/opt/samba/private ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Samba compile issue on Solaris 9

Hi all :) I've been given a task to try and upgrade Samba on our legacy Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9) sparc system. Its currently running samba 3.5.3 but we'd like to try and install 3.6.0 (or 3.6.25) to have minimal protocol smbv2. When trying to install from source, it appears to configure fine,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
4 Replies
NTDBBACKUP(8)						    System Administration tools 					     NTDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
ntdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .ntdb files SYNOPSIS
ntdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. ntdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .ntdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .ntdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the administrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of ntdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (corrupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The ntdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of ntdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: ntdbbackup [-s suffix] *.ntdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .ntdb files: ntdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.ntdb Note that Samba 4 can use .tdb files instead, so you should use tdbbackup on those files. Samba .tdb and .ntdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .(n)tdb files on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.(n)tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.(n)tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb and *.ntdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
tdbbackup(8), ntdbrestore(8) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The ntdbbackup man page was written by Rusty Russell, based on the tdbbackup man page by John H Terpstra. Samba 4.1 06/17/2014 NTDBBACKUP(8)