Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris Post 302439762 by mbouster on Friday 23rd of July 2010 02:16:58 PM
Old 07-23-2010
Not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek
If you have a command to launch that, then use -X while ssh and then try launching. You should be able to see..

Or if that is something which will be available by default, then go for remote desktop... ( instead of ssh )
I issue the command. Here whats the output

-X: command not found

Can you please write me step by step what to check?

---------- Post updated at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbouster
I issue the command. Here whats the output

-X: command not found

Can you please write me step by step what to check?
I think found the solution

- execute- eeprom output-device=screen:r1024x768x60
- execute-eeprom input-device=keyboard
- restart- reboot

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the GRUB command line to graphical interface?

Hi, I am i new Unix linux user. I've installed the linux 9 and i uninstall it. the first time i install the linux, the GRUB show the graphical interface. But after i reinstall it again, the GRUB change to command line. I can't boot my comp now. What should I do? And i don't know how to deal with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lee_chongeu
1 Replies

2. Linux

How change GRUB command line to graphical interface?

Hi, I am i new Unix linux user. I've installed the linux 9 and i uninstall it. the first time i install the linux, the GRUB show the graphical interface. But after i reinstall it again, the GRUB change to command line. I can't boot my comp now. What should I do? And i don't know how to deal with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee_chongeu
4 Replies

3. SCO

sco GUI interface

Why can I not login to the SCO GUI interface login screen? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qphillips
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Possible GUI to Command-Line Interface Translator?

I was chatting with my teacher on how this could be a great tool for admins who are making the switch from GUI to CLI administration. I'm wondering, does this kind of tool exist? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daemon-Killer
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Developing a new command line interface

Hi, Is there any good/easy tool or library which assists in developing a command line interface for an application. The CLI should be able to provide custom commands, allow programming/scripting as well. For the latter case it could wrap a shell command and send it to BASH for processing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redirect
2 Replies

6. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies
VCONSOLE.CONF(5)                                                   vconsole.conf                                                  VCONSOLE.CONF(5)

NAME
vconsole.conf - configuration file for the virtual console SYNOPSIS
/etc/vconsole.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/vconsole.conf file configures the virtual console, i.e. keyboard mapping and console font. The basic file format of the vconsole.conf is a newline-separated list environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options vconsole.keymap=, vconsole.keymap.toggle=, vconsole.font=, vconsole.font.map=, vconsole.font.unimap= may be used to override the console settings at boot. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for configuration of the virtual console as well, however only as fallback. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: KEYMAP=, KEYMAP_TOGGLE= Configures the key mapping table of for they keyboard. KEYMAP= defaults to us if not set. The KEYMAP_TOGGLE= can be used to configured a second toggle keymap and is by default unset. FONT=, FONT_MAP=, FONT_UNIMAP= Configures the console font, the console map and the unicode font map. FONT= defaults to latarcyrheb-sun16. EXAMPLE
Example 1. German keyboard and console /etc/vconsole.conf: KEYMAP=de-latin1 FONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), loadkeys(1), setfont(8), locale.conf(5) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 VCONSOLE.CONF(5)