Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed Post 302439572 by vishalaswani on Friday 23rd of July 2010 04:24:32 AM
Old 07-23-2010
Have you tried taking the console of the server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login to a remote solaris machine as superuser through perl

I am trying to write a perl script that will do remote machine. I have done user loging using simple command; $telnet->login('test', 'test123'); But now I want to do root login or superuser login. So I tried the superuser command, $telnet->cmd("su"); But I am not able to send the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2
0 Replies

2. Solaris

cannot telnet/ftp to solaris machine by straight cable makes problem ..

Hi All, 1. modify /etc/default/login file as make commented # console= 2.put my laptops ip at both /etc/inet/ipnodes and /etc/host file still i can login via telnet/ftp through a DB9-serial cable, but when i tried through a lan stratight cable directly connected that machine... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahadib
7 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to login Solaris 10

I have inherited a solaris 10 server. I went to log into it the other day over the console connection, and after sucessfully entering the password, I was booted back to the login prompt with no errors visible. If I enter an incorect password, the console displays 'incorrect password' and kicks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sol-nova
8 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the difference between openssh and ssh package installed with Solaris box

which should i prefer to install in my system openssh or ssh package provided by SUN by default. can i have two packages installed at the same time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris is freezing and unable to telnet/ssh

I have encounter this solaris problem and it happens intermittent. When it happens, the system is freezing and unable to telnet/ssh in but the system ip is still able to ping. after that it will back to the normal and everything seems like be normal again. it is sun cluster setup. scsi: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris machine is at # prompt not able to login in GUI mode

Solaris machine is at # prompt not able to login in GUI mode : I want to login solaris server in GUI mode from # prompt. ---------- Post updated 12-30-11 at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous update was 12-29-11 at 02:23 PM ---------- Hi, Please send me some guidelines regarding this.... as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

8. Solaris

telnet and ssh not working .... but it pinging in Solaris 8

hi Everyone telnet and ssh not working in Solaris 8 .... but it pinging.... i also checked /etc/services /etc/inet/inetd.conf ps -ef | grep telnet ans default router ... everythinking is ok .... when i connect telnet then suddently closed ... and ssh is connection refused ... help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboys
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Having solaris installed over VM ware machine in windows

I have installed solaris 10 over VM ware in windows machine. now i want to share the files from windows to solaris. how can i do so.. and pls tell if through putty i can access the solaris from windows machine without logging onto VMware. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find whether Solaris installed on physical machine or on a VMware/KVM?

Hi All, . I am trying to find whether Solaris 11 installed on physical server or on VMware/KVM. I tried uname -a but it's giving only whether i installed on X86 or sparc machine. I tried prtdiag command but it's giving below information. command : prtdiag -v |grep "System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)