Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers move files between file systems with privileges, time stamp Post 302439028 by pludi on Wednesday 21st of July 2010 12:49:17 PM
Old 07-21-2010
Either cp with the '-p' ("preserve") option, or mv. Both should preserve the modification and access time and permission bits. For ACLs that should be preserved see the man page of your OS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to delete the files based on the time stamp of the file

Hi Everyone, I want to delete some files in a path based on the time stamp of the file that is i want to delete the file once in a month. Can any one help me on this? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy all the files with time stamp and remove header,trailer from file

All, I am new to unix and i have the following requirement. I have file(s) landing into input directory with timestamp, first i want to copy all these files into seperate directory then i want to rename these files without timestamp and also remove header,trailer from that file.. Could... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrams
35 Replies

3. Solaris

doubt reg time stamp in files.

I copied a file from one host to another using sftp. But after copying the time stamp is not updating . Even though I checked the permission, it looks good. I copied the same file to some temporary location, there it updating the time stamp. Anyone have any idea on this (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files one at the time and wait until the previous file is handled

I'm a novice at unix and need it more and more to do my work. I seem running into problems getting this script "attempt" to work: I need to copy all files in a directory, which is containing 22000 files, into a directory one level up. There a tool monitors the content of the dir and processes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: compasscard
2 Replies

5. Fedora

Move file based time stamp

Hi all, I've already tired to try to solved this problem. Also search in Internet didn't find anything solution I have a directory like this : # pwd /opt/projects/juventini # ls -al | more total 3627460 drwxr-xr-x 2 app apps 12472320 Sep 24 14:59 . drwxr-xr-x 11 app apps 4096 Jun... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Old time stamp being updated for new files

Hello Friends I am facing a weird problem :confused:, we receive thousands of files in my system on a daily basis, access time stamp on some of the files are being updated as old time stamp like 1968-01-19, Could some one help me what could be causing this? so that i can narrow down the problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select files by time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. +++++++++++++++++++++++++ #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files with date and time stamp

Hi Folks, Need a clarification on files with date and time stamp. Here is my requirement. There is a file created everyday with the following format "file.txt.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS". Now i need to check for this file and if it is available then i need to do some task to the file. I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Time Stamp Range On Log Files

I have created this script #!/bin/sh FILES=/data/log/access_*.log for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file" cat $f | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail done It produces this output Processing /data/log/access_abc.log file 114 1.1.1.1 167 2.2.2.2 ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
38 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying multiple files and appending time stamp before file extension

Hi, I have multiple files that read: Asa.txt Bad.txt Gnu.txt And I want to rename them using awk to Asa_ddmmyytt.txt and so on ... If there is a single command or more efficient executable please share! Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
4 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3PCAP)										  PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_precision - set the time stamp precision returned in captures SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_precision(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_precision); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_precision() sets the precision of the time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_precision. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). Two time stamp precisions are supported, microseconds and nanoseconds. One can use options PCAP_TSTAMP_PRECISION_MICRO and PCAP_TSTAMP_PRE- CISION_NANO to request desired precision. By default, time stamps are in microseconds. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp precision is expected to be supported by the operating system, PCAP_ERROR_TSTAMP_PRECISION_NOTSUP if operating system does not support requested time stamp precision, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_get_tstamp_precision(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 27 August 2013 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3PCAP)