Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: John the ripper
Special Forums Cybersecurity John the ripper Post 302438006 by bander2009 on Saturday 17th of July 2010 08:54:49 AM
Old 07-17-2010
How can I reinstall JTR please?

what commands should I write

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

John the Ripper application question

Hi Friends I like to know one thing the how exactly john the ripper works. I have search in google, read lots of tutorial on that. I have simple question, can I get the password for the encrypted file for the following example. e.g : Abc.txt file contents "This is Joy" Now I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

John the Ripper / CRACK

Has anyone used JTR or CRACK to check if you have any weak passwords on your Red Hat Servers? If so can I ask some basic questions? Or would this question be better pitched in another area of the Forum, if so please suggest where, if anyone is willing to help me in this forum please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevej123
1 Replies
HALT(8) 							       halt								   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, poweroff, reboot - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine SYNOPSIS
halt [OPTIONS...] poweroff [OPTIONS...] reboot [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
halt, poweroff, reboot may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Prints a short help text and exits. --halt Halt the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -p, --poweroff Power-off the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. --reboot Reboot the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -f, --force Force immediate halt, power-off, reboot. Do not contact the init system. -w, --wtmp-only Only write wtmp shutdown entry, do not actually halt, power-off, reboot. -d, --no-wtmp Do not write wtmp shutdown entry. --no-wall Do not send wall message before halt, power-off, reboot. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. NOTES
These are legacy commands available for compatibility only. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), shutdown(8), wall(1) systemd 208 HALT(8)