Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting problem with sizes from /proc/partitions Post 302437789 by zaxxon on Friday 16th of July 2010 06:05:29 AM
Old 07-16-2010
dm stands for device mapper. Could have been multipath disks but ok. You can check /dev/mapper or enter
Code:
dmsetup ls

for more info about those.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Proc problem

Hello all , We have a c program , it is running well on AIX 4.3.3.0 .But when we run it on AIX 4.2.1.0 version the program exit when it begin to do this command : Exec sql connect . N.B: The version of C compiler is :4.2 Database :Oracle8 thanks in advance . Elie . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyounes
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Formatting File

I am facing a very challenging task here but can't finish it.I request all of you to help me please. I have one file which contain some data i need to format it. data file contain data like 54321|item-68|owner|yes||||$ 00-10|invoice|3221|||# 00-11|invoice|3221|||#... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dhruva
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem setting up raw partitions on SUSE v8.0 using LVM on Oracle 8.1.7.URGENT!!!!!!

Hi all! Working on Oracle v8.1.7.0.0 with OS  as Suse v8.0 Linux. I had created LVM,linked raw devices to LVM as below: # for binding raw devices raw /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/oracle/sam_raw_system_251m raw /dev/raw/raw2 /dev/oracle/sam_raw_users_26m raw /dev/raw/raw3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amitstora
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Problem

Hi Suppose we have a file consisting of nos in following format 123 - 789 123 - 828 345 - 989 345 - 792 I require the following output 123, 789,828 345, 989,792 Means Unique nos in 1st Column and Corresponding two nos in comma separated 2nd Column Please help me out... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
6 Replies

5. AIX

ProC and other C file compilation problem on AIX

I am linking my compiled proC file with other C files and getting following error. ld: 0711-711 ERROR: Input file /opt/orabase/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib/libirc.a is empty. The file is being ignored. I used following command to compile my proC code. proc iname=dbConnect.pc code=ANSI_C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.singhal
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

output formatting problem

I would like to keep the complete lines in the output, but my script adds carriage returns for each space (e.g. keep BRITISH AIRWAYS on one line in the output): File1= BAW BRITISH AIRWAYS RYR RYAN AIR for i in $(cat File1) do echo $i done Output: BAW BRITISH AIRWAYS RYR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barny
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with array sizes

If I do :- set -A classifications atype btype ctype dtype etype for i in ${classifications} do echo $i print $i >> /tmp/class.txt done print "${#classifications}" The array prints as I would expect and the size of the array is 5 (as expected). If I use an alternative... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query regarding /proc/partitions.

hi whenever i fire cat /proc/partition i get following output. I can make sense out of first 4 lines but what does dm-* suggests. Please help. # cat /proc/partitions major minor #blocks name 8 0 142577664 sda 8 1 104391 sda1 8 2 41945715 sda2 8 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dos2UNIX formatting problem

Hi, I was trying to dos2unix a file that has some special characters but dos2unix converted those into different format. I am working on sun server. I guess the default for dos2unix on sun server is ISO format . Can i change the format so that it does the conversion in UTF format? Because I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies
KPARTX(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						 KPARTX(8)

NAME
kpartx - Create device maps from partition tables SYNOPSIS
kpartx [-a | -d | -l] [-v] wholedisk DESCRIPTION
This tool, derived from util-linux' partx, reads partition tables on specified device and create device maps over partitions segments detected. It is called from hotplug upon device maps creation and deletion. OPTIONS
-a Add partition mappings -r Read-only partition mappings -d Delete partition mappings -u Update partition mappings -l List partition mappings that would be added -a -p set device name-partition number delimiter -f force creation of mappings; overrides 'no_partitions' feature -g force GUID partition table (GPT) -v Operate verbosely -s Sync mode. Don't return until the partitions are created EXAMPLE
To mount all the partitions in a raw disk image: kpartx -av disk.img This will output lines such as: loop3p1 : 0 20964762 /dev/loop3 63 The loop3p1 is the name of a device file under /dev/mapper which you can use to access the partition, for example to fsck it: fsck /dev/mapper/loop3p1 When you're done, you need to remove the devices: kpartx -d disk.img SEE ALSO
multipath(8) multipathd(8) hotplug(8) AUTHORS
This man page was assembled By Patrick Caulfield for the Debian project. From documentation provided by the multipath author Christophe Varoqui, <christophe.varoqui@opensvc.com> and others. July 2006 KPARTX(8)