Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert MS Excel file to Tab limiter file in UNIX Post 302436827 by koti_rama on Tuesday 13th of July 2010 08:31:53 AM
Old 07-13-2010
Convert MS Excel file to Tab limiter file in UNIX

Hi,

We have a couple of ms excel files in unix server.We need convert the excel files to files TAB limiter format file with using unix script.

Could you please advise on this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert tab delimited file to .csv file

Hi, Can any one please help me in converting a tab delimited file in .csv file. Records in my file are similar to mentioned below: DET 001 0201 AC032508970 01478E1X8 DET 002 0202 AC032508971 01478E1X8 Could any one please suggest me what approach would be more suitable for this or if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtidke
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a excel file to a .csv file from unix script

Hi I have a excel file in unix machine and have to convert it into a .csv file.I have to do this from a unix script.How do we do this? Thanks Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Excel/CSV file - More than one tab

Hi All, Following is my requirement. I have searched the site and found some threads which has same queries, but non of them have any answer. I thought of posting it once more. We are generating different reports through shell script after we finish our data load. Currently there are 7 such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert excel file to csv file or text file?

Hi all, I need to find a way to convert excel file into csv or a text file in linux command. The reason is I have hundreds of files to convert. Another complication is the I need to delete the first 5 lines of the excel file before conversion. so for instance input.xls description of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel file to PDF file using shell script

Hi All, Is it possible to convert the excel file to PDF file(Without loosing any format) using unix shell scripting ??? If yes Kindly help me on the code Thanks in advance!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert delimited text file in UNIX to an Excel file

Dear Users , Need to convert delimited text files in UNix server to an Excel file and move the excel file to Windows environment. Am trying to automate the whole process. Can anyone share the ideas,if they have done similar ones before...Thanks -Meera (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meerakrish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Excel File (xls) to tab delimited text file on AIX

Hi i have a problem in my job i try to convert an excel file (xls extention) to text file (tab delimited), but no result with this comand cat xxx.xls > xxx.txt Do you have eny idea? PS: sorry for my english Thanks!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frisso
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble reading from a tab delimited excel file

So I have a file1.txt that is tab delimited: e.g. FIELD1 FIELD2 FIELD3 FIELD4 FIELD5 9545641 123 "Neighbor and Labrador,Canada" 54895 'CANADA' 9456465 456 "Neighbor and Labrador,Canada" 54893 'CANADA' 8746512 789 "Neighbor and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan139
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to tab

Hello, I have an excel sheet (.xlsx), with 11 worksheets. I need to run my bash scripts on the 1st worksheet and write the output to the 2nd worksheet. I am currently manually converting the worksheet into a tab delimited to run the script and then pasting it back to excel. Is there a way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies
PYEXCELERATOR(1)					      General Commands Manual						  PYEXCELERATOR(1)

NAME
pyexcelerator - a module for reading/writing Excel spreadsheet files SYNOPSIS
pyexcelerator DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pyExcelerator is a Python module that can generate Excel 97/2000/XP/2003 spreadsheet files. It can also extract data from these files. It supports Unicode in Excel files, and can use a variety of formatting features and printing options. It can dump Excel and OLE2 compound files. Numerous examples of usage can be found in the examples/ directory. Additions utility scripts can be found in the tools/ directory. OPTIONS
This program does not take any command line options. AUTHOR
pyexcelerator was written by Roman V. Kiseliov <roman@kiseliov.ru>. This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. SEE-ALSO py_xls2csv(1), py_xls2txt(1), py_xls2html(1) October 12, 2006 PYEXCELERATOR(1)