Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem in understanding the output of errpt -d H -T PERM -s `date +"%m%d%H00%y"` Post 302436174 by methyl on Friday 9th of July 2010 11:57:36 AM
Old 07-09-2010

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird problem with output from "date '+3600*%H+60*%M+%S' "

Hi, I came across a script a few months ago that allowed you to use the following script to include the current time into your prompt (useful from auditting purposes): # Set Prompt typeset -RZ2 _x1 _x2 _x3 let SECONDS=$(date '+3600*%H+60*%M+%S')... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
5 Replies

2. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

6. AIX

xx=`date +"%a %b %d"`;rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz ?

AIX 4.2 I am trying to do an rsh grep to search for date records inside server logs by doing this : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz gives : grep: 0652-033 Cannot open Jun. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open 11. But if I do : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` grep "^$XX" zzz it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in understanding the output of errpt -d H -T PERM -s `date +"%m%d%H00%y"`

Its very critical and 'm in need to schedule this on my crontab so that the output can be monitored by a tool I have written the command below to redirect the error which has the output redirected to the file gincle_lol.log. Code: echo "---" >>/gingle/gincle_lol.log date... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output from the file to extract "date" section

Hello Team , I have to extract date section from the below file output. The output of the file is as shown below. I have to extract the "" this section from the above output of the file. can anyone please let me know how can we acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Understanding output of "last" command

Hello, Been looking through Google, and I don't see a direct answer to this: # last ... abcd pts/1 srever02 Mon Feb 23 07:56 - 07:56 (00:00) abcd sshd server02 Mon Feb 23 07:56 - 07:56 (00:00) klmn sshd ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kitykitykity
2 Replies
nohup(1)						      General Commands Manual							  nohup(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
executes command with hangups and quits ignored. If output is not redirected by the user, both standard output and standard error are sent to If is not writable in the current directory, output is redirected to otherwise, fails. If a file is created, the file's permission bits will be set to If output from is redirected to a terminal, or is not redirected at all, the output is sent to EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
It is frequently desirable to apply to pipelines or lists of commands. This can be done only by placing pipelines and command lists in a single file, called a shell script. To run the script using features apply to the entire contents of file. If the shell script file is to be executed often, the need to type can be eliminated by setting execute permission on file. The script can also be run in the background with interrupts ignored (see sh(1)): file typically contains normal keyboard command sequences that one would want to continue running in case the terminal disconnects, such as: WARNINGS
Be careful to place punctuation properly. For example, in the command form: applies only to command1. To correct the problem, use the command form: Be careful of where standard error is redirected. The following command may put error messages on tape, making it unreadable: whereas puts the error messages into file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: The command specified by command was found but could not be invoked An error occurred in the nohup utility or the specified command could not be found Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of the command specified. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), nice(1), sh(1), signal(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
nohup(1)