Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculating number of records by field Post 302435623 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 09:01:02 PM
Old 07-07-2010
Give your expect output. Otherwise difficult to understand your request.

For example, how can you get the record count of 20 for SOLO_UNBEATABLE E and SOLO_UNBEATABLE F

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating field using AWK, or GAWK script

Hello all, I'm totally new to UNIX/Linux but I'm taking a course in it at my local JC. My question: I have been tasked with writing a gawk script that will create a nicely formatted report. That part I've done ok on...however, the very last thing that must be done is a calculation of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating a number

Hello all :) I need some help; I'm running the sp_spaceused command on various tables and saving the output to a file. So, I have an input file that has 3 rows - each row has 7 columns. I would like to 1) sort the file on the 4th column, 2) take the 4th column in the first row and add 25% to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating the Number of Rows and Average

Hi All I like to know how can we calculate the number of rows and the average of the values present in the file. I will not know what will be the rowcount, which will be dynamic in nature of the file. eg. 29 33 48 30 28 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_eee
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting on two fields time field and number field

Hi, I have a file that has data in it that says 00:01:48.233 1212 00:01:56.233 345 00:09:01.221 5678 00:12:23.321 93444 The file has more line than this but i just wanted to put in a snippet to ask how I would get the highest number with time stamp into another file. So from the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat4519
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting non empty fields and calculating with that number

Hello all, I have a problem with a skript of mine: My input has the following format 1,33296 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000018629" 0 1,33296 0 0 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000029014" 0 0,907392 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000016905" 0,907392 0 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000053370" 0 0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print number of records, divide this number

I would like to print the number of records of 2 files, and divide the two numbers awk '{print NR}' file1 > output1 awk '{print NR}' file2 > output2 paste output1 output2 > output awl '{print $1/$2}' output > output_2 is there a faster way? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmerc
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble calculating difference in number of days

Hi all, I have a requirement to calculate the difference of number of days of time stamp of a file and system date and if the difference is greater than 15 days it should prompt as previous month file otherwise current month file. Below is the code i used and it is working fine till now. (You... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance of calculating total number of matching records in multiple files

Hello Friends, I've been trying to calculate total number of a certain match in multiple data records files (DRs). Let say I have a daily created folders for each day since the beginning of july like the following drwxrwxrwx 2 mmsuper med 65536 Jul 1 23:59 20150701 drwxrwxrwx 2 mmsuper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Calculating number of CPUs in Solaris-8

Hello, I have few old V210/V240, running Solaris-8. I am trying to find, number of physical CPUs, number of cores and number of virtual processors. psrinfo is giving me confusing status. It looks like, there are 2 physical CPUs, but psrinfo -p shows me just 1 bash-2.03$ psrinfo -v Status of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
4 Replies
TRACEROUTE(1)                                                      User Commands                                                     TRACEROUTE(1)

NAME
traceroute - Trace the route to a host SYNOPSIS
traceroute [OPTION...] HOST DESCRIPTION
Print the route packets trace to network host. -f, --first-hop=NUM Set initial hop distance, that is the time-to-live. -g, --gateways=GATES List of gateways for loose source routing. -I, --icmp Use ICMP ECHO as probe. -m, --max-hop=NUM Set maximal hop count (default is 64). -M, --type=METHOD Use METHOD (icmp or udp) for traceroute operations, defaulting to udp. -p, --port=PORT Use destination PORT port (default is 33434). -q, --tries=NUM Send NUM probe packets per hop (default is 3). --resolve-hostnames Resolve hostnames. -t, --tos=NUM Set type of service (TOS) to NUM. -w, --wait=NUM Wait NUM seconds for response (default is 3). -?, --help Give this help list. --usage Give a short usage message. -V, --version Print program version. GNU inetutils 2015-05-15 TRACEROUTE(1)