Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copying a list of files from one machine to another with the same path Post 302435622 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 08:47:53 PM
Old 07-07-2010
Code:
echo "/remoteserver/005_S_0221/mpr/m1/I72128/dat/06A515T.dat
/remoteserver/005_S_0221/mpr/m2/I102054/dat/515T.dat
/remoteserver/006_S_0547/mpr/m1/I75279/dat/6A515T.dat
/remoteserver/006_S_0547/mpr/m2/I78722/dat/A515T.dat
/remoteserver/007_S_1339/mpr/m1/I56319/dat/5T.dat
/remoteserver/007_S_1339/mpr/m2/I104363/dat/1515T.dat
/remoteserver/010_S_0786/mpr/m1/I65597/dat/15T.dat" |xargs tar cvf file.tar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files to another machine

hello, i need to make a script in which a file on my unix server is copied to another machine using windows operating system in its C:\ drive. both the machines are connected through LAN. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying files from 1 machine to another

hi i have a script that works on a file A in unix server. it basically extracts data from file A & put it into another file B. what i need to do is that, i have to copy file B onto another machine having Windows as its operating System. Presently i am doing this manually using FTP. now i need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying files from one location to another based on a list

I have a text list of about 3,000 file names (image files), which exist on a server and that I want to copy over to another location. I understand the Unix cp code, but what's the string to have it copy multiple files based on an external list? Many thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebornhonest
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying unreference files and keeping absolute path

Hi guys, I'm creating a script that basically remove unreference files so at the moment I have something like: DAYS=30 for DIRECTORY in `mount | awk '{ print $7}'` do find $DIRECTORY -type f -atime +$DAYS < ~/files.log done for FILE in `awk '{print $1}' ~/files.log` do cp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a list of files from one 'server' to another?

I have two servers. I would like to copy some files from one directory on server A into the same directory on server B. Its not all the files in in the directory, just some of them. Is there a way to make a file list in a txt file and then somehow copy all the files in that list in one go to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

latest files copying over to new path

ls -lrt | nawk -v D="$(date +'%b%e:'| sed 's/ //g')" 'D==$6$7":"{sub(".*"$9,$9);print}' This picks only the latest files created based on the timestamp for that particular day.. how do i copy over the same files to a different location???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win4luv
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying List of Files Under Different File Names ?!

Hi to all here , Excuse me for the lamer question but I need UNIX command for copying List of Files Under Different File Names ! for example I have this list: new_001.jpg new_002.jpg new_003.jpg ..... I want to copy all files that start with "new_" to the same directory but under... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: boboweb_
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding and copying list of files using bash shell script

Dear All, I have a situation where I want to copy some files of type .txt. These files are o/p from one program. Some of the files are named as fileName .txt instead of fileName.txt after fileName by mistake I have specified "space". Now I want to move these files as follows. mv fileName*... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List all files and copying to different location

Hello All, I want to copy all files from the list below to a path /qa0/repo/AS/CPY (lnx17:qa0:/qa0/repo/AS>) ls -lrt | grep 'Feb 14' -rw-rw-r-- 1 Ks1 qa0 39 Feb 14 20:11 HHH.dat -rw-rw-r-- 1 Ks1 qa0 32 Feb 14 20:11 HHH1.dat -rw-rw-r-- 1 Ks1 qa0 29 Feb 14 20:11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies
MPR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MPR(4)

NAME
mpr -- LSI Fusion-MPT 3 IT/IR 12Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI/SATA driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device scbus device mpr Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): mpr_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mpr driver provides support for LSI Fusion-MPT 3 IT/IR SAS controllers. HARDWARE
The following controllers are supported by the mpr driver: o LSI SAS 3004 (4 Port SAS) o LSI SAS 3008 (8 Port SAS) o LSI SAS 3108 (8 Port SAS) CONFIGURATION
To disable MSI interrupts for all mpr driver instances, set the following tunable value in loader.conf(5): hw.mpr.disable_msi=1 To disable MSI interrupts for a specific mpr driver instance, set the following tunable value in loader.conf(5): dev.mpr.X.disable_msi=1 where X is the adapter number. To disable MSI-X interrupts for all mpr driver instances, set the following tunable value in loader.conf(5): hw.mpr.disable_msix=1 To disable MSI-X interrupts for a specific mpr driver instance, set the following tunable value in loader.conf(5): dev.mpr.X.disable_msix=1 To set the maximum number of DMA chains allocated for all adapters, set the following variable in loader.conf(5): hw.mpr.max_chains=NNNN To set the maximum number of DMA chains allocated for a specific adapter, set the following variable in loader.conf(5): dev.mpr.X.max_chains=NNNN This variable may also be viewed via sysctl(8) to see the maximum set for a given adapter. The current number of free chain frames may be seen via the dev.mpr.X.chain_free sysctl(8) variable. The lowest number of free chain frames may be seen via the dev.mpr.X.chain_free_lowwater sysctl(8) variable. The current number of active I/O commands is shown in the dev.mpr.X.io_cmds_active sysctl(8) variable. The maximum number of active I/O commands seen since boot is shown in the dev.mpr.X.io_cmds_highwater sysctl(8) variable. Devices can be excluded from mpr control for all adapters by setting the following variable in loader.conf(5): hw.mpr.exclude_ids=Y where Y is the target ID of the device. If more than one device is to be excluded, target ID's are separated by commas. Devices can be excluded from mpr control for a specific adapter by setting the following variable in loader.conf(5): dev.mpr.X.exclude_ids=Y where X is the adapter number and Y is the target ID of the device. If more than one device is to be excluded, target ID's are separated by commas. DEBUGGING
To enable debugging prints from the mpr driver, set the hw.mpr.X.debug_level variable, where X is the adapter number, either in loader.conf(5) or via sysctl(8). The following bits have the described effects: 0x0001 Enable informational prints. 0x0002 Enable prints for driver faults. 0x0004 Enable prints for controller events. 0x0008 Enable prints for controller logging. 0x0010 Enable prints for tracing recovery operations. 0x0020 Enable prints for parameter errors and programming bugs. 0x0040 Enable prints for system initialization operations. 0x0080 Enable prints for more detailed information. 0x0100 Enable prints for user-generated commands. 0x0200 Enable prints for device mapping. 0x0400 Enable prints for tracing through driver functions. SEE ALSO
cam(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), mps(4), mpt(4), pci(4), sa(4), scsi(4), targ(4), loader.conf(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The mpr driver first appeared in FreeBSD 9.3. AUTHORS
The mpr driver was originally written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>. It has been improved and tested by LSI Corporation. This man page was written by Ken Merry <ken@FreeBSD.org> with additional input from Stephen McConnell <stephen.mcconnell@lsi.com>. BSD
May 2, 2014 BSD