Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AS/400
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AS/400 Post 302435073 by methyl on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 10:08:18 AM
Old 07-06-2010
AS/400 is a server. It is not an Operating System.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to as-400 system

it's possible connect to as-400 system to extract file from server and calculate the data (parse the file)???? if possible , how make the operation ??? how shell language /type i use ??? tanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
0 Replies

2. Solaris

apache ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/400.cgi

Hi All, Sorry if the question is trivial for you but, I am new to Apache (2.0.63) and am trying to figure out how to display my 400.cgi. Here is what I have in httpd.conf servername testing DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/badrequest-400.cgi Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

permission 400

#ls -l -r-------- 1 root root 0 Oct 21 01:50 hello.txt #cat > hello.txt Hello World! ctrl+d #cat hello.txt Hello World! How come root can still write to this file even though the file is read only..? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AS/400

Hi everybody,,,, This is kunal here, I am very new to as/400 and recently started working on it in one of IT company....I am planning to have Certification exam of AS/400. Can anybody please send me the links of different sites where I can have study material of AS/400 and also the details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
1 Replies

5. AIX

AS/400

Hi everybody, I am learning AS/400 and working on it as a System Administrator. Can anybody please suggest me the best blog site for AS/400....just like Unix.com for Linux / Unix administrator. So that I can get all my answers related to AS/400... thanks in advance, kunal patil :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

First 400,000 lines?

Hi, I need to C&P the first 400,000 lines of a log file into a compressed file using Putty. I already tried emailing myself using mailx (didnt send) and used head -400000 access_log > /tmp/access_log to move the relevant lines into it's own file. And when I tried increasing the scroll back max... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mbohmer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wants to create 3 users in 400 servers

I wants to create 3 users and set password for the users in 400 servers. I can run this script without error. If wants to set the password in the same command it is not working. Like that i have to create 3 users #!/usr/bin/ksh for server in `cat /tmp/servers` do echo "servername =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G0kulakrishnan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How AS 400 sorting data?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to sort data based on AS 400 sorting order. below is example: the data is sorted by ascending order. could anybody explain how AS 400 sort data? IMM00007 07918607 1242 423 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
3 Replies
aserver(1M)															       aserver(1M)

NAME
Aserver - start the audio server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command starts the HP-UX Audio server, which can run on a system with audio hardware. See Audio(5) for information about which systems have audio hardware. The option forces the starting of the Audio server; this option is only needed if the Aserver has problems starting. The Audio Server Before using any audio tools such as the the system or X station must be running two audio server processes, called On a Series 700, the Remote Procedure Call daemon must also be running. Normally, the Aserver processes and start automatically when the system is booted. If problems occur on an ENTRIA or ENVIZEX X station, see the X station owner's manual. On a Series 700 Audio hardware, first check if is running. Type the following: If it is running, you see a line similar to the following. If it is not running, see HP 9000/DCE documentation for information on restarting it. If is running, verify that the Aserver is running. Type: If the Aserver is running you will see lines similar to the following, which indicate the presence of the two Aserver processes: If it is not running, become root and restart it as follows: If it fails to start, reissue the command with the option: Using Audio over the Network From a workstation, you can also use the Audio Editor and Control Panel over the network. However, the remote system is where the actual playback and recording occur. The local workstation (or audio client) can be any Series 700 system. The remote system (or audio server) can be a Series 700 or an X sta- tion with audio hardware and must have the Aserver processes running. If the server is a workstation, it must also allow access from remote clients (see asecure(1M)) and must have running. To make the system an audio client, set the variable by modifying the file as follows: Korn and POSIX Shells: C Shell: For system_name, identify the workstation or X Station running the Aserver. If the variable is not set, the Audio Library attempts to use to the Aserver on the system defined by the variable. If neither nor is set, the Aserver on the local machine is used. DEPENDENCIES
The Audio Server must run on a system that has audio hardware. Note that HP-UX for the 8MB 705 System does not include audio software. AUTHOR
The Audio Server was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audio(5), asecure(1M), attributes(1), convert(1), send_sound(1). aserver(1M)