Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is this "Out of Memory!" error due to sort() of perl how to resolve it? Post 302434494 by binlib on Friday 2nd of July 2010 08:57:04 PM
Old 07-02-2010
You need the 64bit version of perl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cannot register due to "spam" error message

Hi all, I am trying to register but it seems my IP address is being seen or black listed as a spam address. I get the following message: "Registration denied. Sorry, The UNIX and Linux Forums runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via by posting in this forum if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to resolve error "INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2"

Hi All, I am getting an error message when I execute command “zlogin -C sunsrv4z5” on my root server. INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 As per my analysis it seems that some files inside /etc folder are deleted. This server was... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: surbhit4u
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Cannot allocate memory" error when run from script

hi in my application there is a line with open(/dev/mydevice,0); it work good when it run manually, but when try to run it within script /////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ./device_test 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 ///////////////////////////////////////// I receive 'Failed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majeed
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of "b" modifier in "sort" command

I need to sort the following file by the rhdiskpower devices in the last column: Total_MB Free_MB OS_MB Name Failgroup Library Label UDID Product Redund Path 1024 851 1024 OCRVOT1_0000 OCRVOT1_0000 System UNKNOWN ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Syntax Error sometimes due to corruption of variable value "

Hi , I have script as follows , #!/usr/bin/ksh -x if then alias echo="echo -e" fi MAX_ENTRIES=1024 nb_of_entries=`echo "$list_of_entries" | wc -w` # Set number of tables eval nb_of_tables=\`expr `expr $nb_of_entries / $MAX_ENTRIES` + 1 \` # Output the number of tables echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl failure with "main::$fn" used only once:" in error logs

Hi all, Can anyone guess why this is happening? I am new to Perl, so please help me to fix this error: - I have a static html file which calls the cgi-perl script. HTML Code: <html> <head> <title> Hey Dude! </title> </head> <body> <form method="POST"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

What is solution for this error "tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors"?

Does anyone know what is solution for this error ?tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors from last 3 days I am trying to take backup of home/user directory getting again and again same error please anyone give me solution (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract delta records using with "comm" and "sort" commands combination

Hi All, I have 2 pipe delimited files viz., file_old and file_new. I'm trying to compare these 2 files, and extract all the different rows between them into a new_file. comm -3 < sort file_old < sort file_new > new_file I am getting the below error: -ksh: sort: cannot open But if I do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl: Can someone please explain this code "sort { $a <=> $b } @unsorted"

@sorted = sort { $a <=> $b } @unsorted; I am having hard time understanding how this works? I know the output but interested to know the working. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
2 Replies
Test::MinimumVersion(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Test::MinimumVersion(3)

NAME
Test::MinimumVersion - does your code require newer perl than you think? VERSION
version 0.101080 SYNOPSIS
Example minimum-perl.t: #!perl use Test::MinimumVersion; all_minimum_version_ok('5.008'); FUNCTIONS
minimum_version_ok minimum_version_ok($file, $version); This test passes if the given file does not seem to require any version of perl newer than $version, which may be given as a version string or a version object. all_minimum_version_ok all_minimum_version_ok($version, \%arg); Given either a version string or a version object, this routine produces a test plan (if there is no plan) and tests each relevant file with "minimum_version_ok". Relevant files are found by File::Find::Rule::Perl. "\%arg" is optional. Valid arguments are: paths - in what paths to look for files; defaults to (t, lib, xt/smoke, and any .pm or .PL files in the current working directory) if it contains files, they will be checked no_plan - do not plan the tests about to be run all_minimum_version_from_metayml_ok all_minimum_version_from_metayml_ok(\%arg); This routine checks META.yml for an entry in requires for perl. If no META.yml file or no perl version is found, all tests are skipped. If a version is found, the test proceeds as if "all_minimum_version_ok" had been called with that version. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2007 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.3 2010-04-18 Test::MinimumVersion(3)