Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate a change list of files/dir Post 302434455 by maverick_here on Friday 2nd of July 2010 04:08:43 PM
Old 07-02-2010
I use inotify,please follow

Home - inotify-tools - GitHub

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to generate a list of files

Hello people I need to find a way to generate a file that contains the names of all *.jpg files that were generated after a specific date The search should start in my current folder and recursively search inner folders It would be best to list the file names one below the other in the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasongr
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specified files from list of files from dir A to dir B

Hello, fjalkdsjfkldsajflkajdskl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmeesara
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a list of files in a dir w/o sub-directories?

Hi I am looking for the correct syntax to find all files in the current directory without listing sub-directoris. I was using the following command, but it still returns subdirectoris and files inside them: $ ls -laR | grep -v ^./ Any idea? Thanks PS I am in ksh88 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list all the files for today in the dir

I am trying following ... ls -ltrh | grep 'Dec 2' but it is displaying files for last year also ..as this dir is full of files from last 3-5 yrs I only want to files for today. e.g . ls -ltrh | grep 'Dec 2' -rw-r----- 1 ajay ajay 0 Dec 2 2010 text23.txt -rw-r----- ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generate list of deleted files

I copied all JPEGs from my laptop to an external drive using find . -name "*.jpg" -exec cp '{}' ./media/Backup/pictures \; And then deleted all of them from my laptop. Now, I realize that I need the folder path of all the original JPEGs as the path has the important information. I dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eshwaconsulting
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files to a dir using from a list

Hi all, I'd very grateful for some help with the following: I have a directory with several subdirectories with files in them. All files are named different, even between different subdirectories. I also have a list with some of those file names in a txt file (without the path, just the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: foracoffee
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List no. of files in a directory/sub dir's and also an consolidated report as required

Need help on below query asap. Thanks. The below is the directory structure: /home/suren under /suren the following are the directories /bin /log /error /bin contains the following files abc.txt bcd.ksh cde.sh wer.ksh ghi (file with out any extension) /log contains the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureng
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files in dir and grep accordingly

bash or c-shell On Solaris 10 I need a command that will list the files of a directory, and grep each of those filenames out of a static text file, and then only echo field 2 of the static text file. Something like this: #> ls -1 /home/dir/ | each filename grep $filename static.txt |awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies
INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					       INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)

NAME
inotify_rm_watch - remove an existing watch from an inotify instance SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/inotify.h> int inotify_rm_watch(int fd, int wd); DESCRIPTION
inotify_rm_watch() removes the watch associated with the watch descriptor wd from the inotify instance associated with the file descriptor fd. Removing a watch causes an IN_IGNORED event to be generated for this watch descriptor. (See inotify(7).) RETURN VALUE
On success, inotify_rm_watch() returns zero. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the cause of the error. ERRORS
EBADF fd is not a valid file descriptor. EINVAL The watch descriptor wd is not valid; or fd is not an inotify file descriptor. VERSIONS
Inotify was merged into the 2.6.13 Linux kernel. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. SEE ALSO
inotify_add_watch(2), inotify_init(2), inotify(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)