Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Solaris 10 hba firmware upgrades need help please Post 302433760 by rhfrommn on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 11:52:26 AM
Old 06-30-2010
You can certainly do just the HBA upgrade. All the jumbo patch bundle is is a collection of individual patches applied in a particular order. You just need to determine which patch(es) are the HBA firmware you need then download those specific patches and install them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to get HBA details in Solaris 9 ?

Hi , How can I collect information about any Hardware , specially HBA (Host Bus Adapter) .... I tried prtdiag but it is not shoing the HBA details. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I know which HBA cards' hardware I have (on Solaris 10) ?

Hi, I'm trying to determine which HBA cards are installed on my Solaris 10 (Sun-Fire-V240) machine. The relevant data I have is below, but from it I cannot ascertain for sure if I have Emulex 10000 or 11000 HBA cards. Can anyone suggest how to determine my HBA hardware ? Thanks, Ron. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronbarak
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I know which HBA cards' hardware I have (on Solaris 10) ?

Hi, I'm trying to determine which HBA cards are installed on my Solaris 10 (Sun-Fire-V240) machine. The relevant data I have is below, but from it I cannot ascertain for sure if I have Emulex 10000 or 11000 HBA cards. Can anyone suggest how to determine my HBA hardware ? Thanks, Ron. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronbarak
4 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Solaris 10 and live upgrades

two articles related to live upgrades that i found useful and noteworthy. Solaris 10 5/08 Live Upgrade Gotcha :: Col’s Tech Stuff Solaris Live Upgrade and Patches :: Col’s Tech Stuff (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

5. AIX

Update firmware HBA

Hello I have a question I have several partitions P550 Aix 5.3 and I need to update the HBA firmware, in some partitions I have two HBA and in others I have one HBA only. My question is if I have to reboot my partitions after update the firmware level. and If I can do it online or I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. AIX

How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades?

Lets says I have 2 HMC's A and B, connected to a p570 managed system. Right now the firmware level of the p570 is EM320_076 and that needs to be upgraded to EM340_095. Now the HMC's are at V7R3.3 and as per the code matrix the HMC's needs to be upgraded to V7R3.4 Servicepack 2. Now my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

7. Solaris

hba speed Solaris 9

Hello, In Solaris 10 I can use fcinfo to find what speed the hba ports are running at, am I able to find this out using Solaris 9? I have tried a few variations on luxadm but cant find anything relevant. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

8. AIX

I need command for HBA model & firmware please

Hi All, I have a task to complete on several server, I need advice from u guys,i need to know that , how can i check the following thing in AIX server. 1)HBA vendor, HBA model, HBA driver version & HBA firmware. 2) Multipath software & multipath version. 3) Cluster software & cluster... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to obtain old version of HBA firmware ?

Hi all: I have a need to down-rev my AIX HBA firmware due to storage instability after upgrading, but IBM support only makes the latest version of firmware available for download. Can anyone provide pointer/tips for obtaining old HBA firmware ? Specifics: 280B HBA df1000fa driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwachtler
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Tracing node to a particular HBA in Solaris 9

I have one disk that is reporting I/O errors but the same LUN mounted on a different node is able to access it without issue, is there a way to identify which HBA is being used for the LUN without swapping each out at a time? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
4 Replies
EDIT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
edit-patch, add-patch - tool for preparing patches for Debian source packages SYNOPSIS
edit-patch path/to/patch add-patch path/to/patch DESCRIPTION
edit-patch is a wrapper script around the Quilt, CDBS, and dpatch patch systems. It simplifies the process of preparing and editing patches to Debian source packages and allows the user to not have to be concerned with which patch system is in use. Run from inside the root directory of the source package, edit-patch can be used to edit existing patches located in debian/patches. It can also be used to incorporate new patches. If pointed at a patch not already present, it will copy the patch to debian/patches in the correct format for the patch system in use. Next, the patch is applied and a subshell is opened in order to edit the patch. Typing exit or pressing Ctrl-d will close the subshell and launch an editor to record the debian/changelog entry. edit-patch is integrated with the Bazaar and Git version control systems. The patch will be automatically added to the tree, and the debian/changelog entry will be used as the commit message. If no patch system is present, the patch is applied inline, and a copy is stored in debian/patches-applied. add-patch is the non-interactive version of edit-patch. The patch will be incorporated but no editor or subshell will be spawned. AUTHORS
edit-patch was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@canonical.com>, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt@canonical.com>, and David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities EDIT-PATCH(1)