Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scan two files and print values missing Post 302433681 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 08:34:11 AM
Old 06-30-2010
Do you have a space in some lines at the end of the line? In that case you can try this:
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{print "Data Missing in File1 which exist in File2: "}
NR==FNR{arr[$1]=$1; next}
$1 in arr {delete arr[$1]; next} {print}
END{print "Data Missing in File2 which is present in File1: "
for( i in arr ){print arr[i]}}
' file1 file2

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help fixing awk code to print values from 2 files

Hi everyone, Please help on this: I have file1: <file title="Title 1 and 2"> <report> <title>Title 1</title> <number>No. 1234</number> <address>Address 1</address> <date>October 07, 2009</date> <description>Some text</description> </report> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill missing values with 2

Hi All, I have 100 .txt files which look like this: 3 4 5 6 7 Now, some files have some numbers missing in them and they look like this: 4 5 6 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print out missing files in a sequence

Hello all, I have several directories with a sequence of files like this IM-0001-0001.dcm IM-0001-0002.dcm IM-0001-0003.dcm IM-0001-0004.dcm IM-0001-0005.dcm I would like to print out the name of the file that is missing. I currently have the following ineffecient way to do this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avatar_007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two text files by a column and filling in the missing values

Hi, I have to text files that I want to merge by the first column. The values in the first column pretty much match for the first part. However there are some values that are present in column 1 and not present in column 2 or vice versa. For such values I would like to substitute X for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert missing values

Hi, please help with this, I need to insert missing values into a matrix for a regression analysis. I have made up an example. The first three columns are variables with levels and the next 3 are values, the 4th column missing values should be replaced by 0s, and 5th and 6th column missing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get both common and missing values from multiple files

Hi, I have 5 files with two columns. I need to merge all the 5 files based on column 1. If any of them are missing then corresponding 2nd column should be substituted by missing value. I know hoe to do this for 2 files. but how can I implement for 5 files. I tried this based on 5 files but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill in missing values

Hi, I have a data sample as shown below. I want to fill in the left column so that the line will be continuous. For example, between 1 and 5 should be 2,3,4. And corresponding values in the right column will be 0. Thus the expected data should look like that: 1 1 1 10 1 2 1 3 1 5 1 6 2 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theanh0508
6 Replies
LOCALE_PARSE(3) 							 1							   LOCALE_PARSE(3)

Locale::parseLocale - Returns a key-value array of locale ID subtag elements.

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic array Locale::parseLocale (string $locale) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style array locale_parse (string $locale) Returns a key-value array of locale ID subtag elements. PARAMETERS
o $locale - The locale to extract the subtag array from. Note: The 'variant' and 'private' subtags can take maximum 15 values whereas 'ext- lang' can take maximum 3 values. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing a list of key-value pairs, where the keys identify the particular locale ID subtags, and the values are the associated subtag values. The array will be ordered as the locale id subtags e.g. in the locale id if variants are '-varX-varY-varZ' then the returned array will have variant0=>varX , variant1=>varY , variant2=>varZ EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_parse(3) example <?php $arr = locale_parse('sl-Latn-IT-nedis'); if ($arr) { foreach ($arr as $key => $value) { echo "$key : $value , "; } } ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $arr = Locale::parseLocale('sl-Latn-IT-nedis'); if ($arr) { foreach ($arr as $key => $value) { echo "$key : $value , "; } } ?> The above example will output: language : sl , script : Latn , region : IT , variant0 : NEDIS , SEE ALSO
locale_compose(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_PARSE(3)