Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing Man page output
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing Man page output Post 302432611 by vgersh99 on Friday 25th of June 2010 01:18:03 PM
Old 06-25-2010
Code:
export PAGER=cat
man ls

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding a man page

I was wonderiong if ther is a way for a user to add a man page specific to thier account. similar to copying the .1 or .1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1 "cp *.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1". Except for using another folder as I don't have access to /usr/share/man/man1. I would think that this might involve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacob358
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

scp-1.2.27 man page

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the man page for scp version 1.2.27 I have an old redhat server that has a few large scripts that use this version and I want to know what the -A flag does and the man page is not on there. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

man page issue

Man page is not working my system. It is giving the following the following error > man ls gdbm fatal: read error with debug option > man -d ls ... .... ... ... using less as pager checking for locale en_US add_nls_manpath(): processing /usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to get help from man page

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
8 Replies

6. Solaris

man page question

What does the last change means in man page .. does that this man page has not been updated since 2003 or something else ? newfs-options The options are documented in the newfs man page. SunOS 5.10 Last change: 9 Dec 2003 1 System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Changing OSX Terminal Man Page Colors

For a long time, when I type man anything on my Mac, both the manpage header fonts and the background was black, so I had to use my mouse to highlight the manpage output to read it. It was really annoying. The problem was the same both locally or using the terminal and going ssh somewhere. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man page in MANPATH not found

dear unix experts, the 'man' command on my system isn't finding a manpage that is in a MANPATH directory, or even when I specify the path directly: 12:56pm ilya@node1390 /idi/sabetilab/ilya/usr/share/man $ man -M . xemacs No manual entry for xemacs 12:56pm ilya@node1390... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: notestaff
4 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)