Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9 Post 302430621 by ash_bit2k2 on Friday 18th of June 2010 06:42:43 AM
Old 06-18-2010
application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description
SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320

The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25

But when installing the application on Solaris 9
SunOS odcarch02 5.9 Generic_118558-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V250

it is throwing the follwoing error

ld.so.1: xfer: fatal: libc.so.1: version `SUNW_1.22' not found (required by file /usr/pass/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/xfer)
ld.so.1: xfer: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

The same application is working fine on solaris 10

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

create application using apache On solaris

dears iam new in solaris i install solaris on my pc can you help me in steps how can i create application using apache on solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
3 Replies

2. Programming

Binary not getting executed from Java on Solaris environment

In the Java programme, I am calling function, "Runtime.getRuntime().exec( cmdarray ); " with the array of arguments in which first argument is the binary(C-executable) file and argv1,argv2 and so on. This will be executed on Sun OS system.. I can execute using "sh -c cmdarray" on the shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Middle ware application in Solaris

Hi Friends I need ur suggestions. I have 3+ experience in solaris10. Iam planning for study Web sphere in UNIX. Is this the right choice can i do that. how is the market value for WEBSPHERE. Waiting for the replys (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris audit to syslog - where is arguments to the commands executed?

Hi, we have server, that is auditing actions executed, and then sends them to the syslog server. But there is arguments to issued to the commands in the audit trail, but there is no such arguments in the syslog output on the syslog server! Example - I executed: # ls -la audit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masloff
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Executable compiled on solaris 10 not working on solaris 9

Hi I compiled an executable on Solaris 10 which creates semaphore ( semget) but it didn't work on solaris 9 , while it is executing sucessfully on solaris 10. It is throwing the system error that Invalid arguments ( system error 22) on solaris 9. the ldd for the executable on two servers is as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Issue in pro*C program compiled in solaris 10

Hi, We upgraded our servers from solaris 9 to 10. We recompiled all the Pro*C programs with the new oracle version as well. Oracle is 11g. We are facing core dump with the below error for certain executions. But when we are placing new statements between the error fucntion we get junk values to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saroopkris85
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Unix solaris hanged, cannot get the application

Hi , I need your help on the my unix (solaris system was down) when i enter console login ans password could not opearte their application . i tried reboot many times but still same error was occurred. Please refer the attcahed file , how i need to solve this issue?:wall: I 'm not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thamil
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Newly Compiled GCC 4.4.4 on Solaris sparc gives problem with -m32/-m64 flags

Hello experts, This issue has kept me busy all day long. It started off with openssl compilation which was giving linking error with following message: /usr/local/bin/ld: target elf32-sparc not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I tried every step possible thing that I could think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_shanke
2 Replies

9. Solaris

When were all scripts on the Solaris server last executed?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone will be able to help me:) I have inherited a very old Solaris server that has a number of scripts around 500 in total. I need to migrate the scripts to Linux but I would like to know which ones are currently being executed rather... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: josamy
10 Replies
clprivnet(7)					     Sun Cluster Device and Network Interfaces					      clprivnet(7)

NAME
clprivnet - SUNW,clprivnet Sun Cluster private network driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/clprivnet DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The SUNW,clprivnet Sun Cluster private network driver is a STREAMS pseudo driver supporting Sun Cluster resident applications that use standard Solaris interfaces to communicate over the Sun Cluster private network. By striping data traffic over all links, this driver opti- mally utilizes the bandwidth of the private network while supporting highly available, software fault-tolerant communication. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The driver is supported by the character-special device /dev/clprivnet, but is reserved for Sun Cluster internal operation and the standard Solaris network utilities. This interface must not be directly used for general application communication. ADMINISTRATION
The administration and configuration of the driver as a network interface is done completely by the Sun Cluster infrastructure internals. FILES
/dev/clprivnet clprivnet special character device /usr/kernel/drv/clprivnet.conf System-wide default device driver properties Sun Cluster 3.2 05 Sep 2007 clprivnet(7)