Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to put element of an array to first position. Post 302430392 by malcolmpdx on Thursday 17th of June 2010 12:09:48 PM
Old 06-17-2010
I assume, from the "my" keyword, you're using perl

One way to do this would be like this

unshift(@array,pop(@array));

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a word starting at particular position in a file using shell scripting

Hi all, I'm new to shell scripting and hence this query. I have 2 files. temp.txt and config.txt. The values in temp.txt are tab separated. ex: temp.txt AB CDE GHIJ OPQRS WXY ex:config.txt (1st line for 1st element of temp.txt and so on) start = '1' end='5' start = '6' end =... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhrap.das
26 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put count for first element in a file at the end

Hi, I have a file where I need to count the total for the first element and put it back at the end of file... here is the example... input.. FHDR|ABC|20100607| |ABC|8453|CDE|E166|||| 123|ABC|8453|CDE|E166|||| 123|ABC|8453|CDE|E166|||| 111|ABC|8453|CDE|E166||||... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: donadarsh
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put words to fix position in a file

Hi all, There are several lines in my file as a=123,b=dene,c=2312,d=234234,g=vxcvxcv,h=44 a=3,b=dene,c=22,d=23422342334,g=vxcvxcv,h=4 a=123,b=dene,c=2312,d=234234,g=vxcvxcv,h=678 I take values with this command awk -F '' '{print $1,$2,$3}' a.txt I want to put values to a fix position... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahadiraktan
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If test array element multiplication

Ya, I know, who in this day and age is mirroring rootvg...? But yes, my shop does and I need to script checking for it. I also know I could just inverse the the logic and call the LV mirrored if the LPs and PPs were not equal. But I want to do the math in the if test and also know I could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtsonoma
5 Replies
XPath::NodeSet(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 XPath::NodeSet(3)

NAME
XML::XPath::NodeSet - a list of XML document nodes DESCRIPTION
An XML::XPath::NodeSet object contains an ordered list of nodes. The nodes each take the same format as described in XML::XPath::XMLParser. SYNOPSIS
my $results = $xp->find('//someelement'); if (!$results->isa('XML::XPath::NodeSet')) { print "Found $results "; exit; } foreach my $context ($results->get_nodelist) { my $newresults = $xp->find('./other/element', $context); ... } API
new() You will almost never have to create a new NodeSet object, as it is all done for you by XPath. get_nodelist() Returns a list of nodes. See XML::XPath::XMLParser for the format of the nodes. string_value() Returns the string-value of the first node in the list. See the XPath specification for what "string-value" means. to_literal() Returns the concatenation of all the string-values of all the nodes in the list. get_node($pos) Returns the node at $pos. The node position in XPath is based at 1, not 0. size() Returns the number of nodes in the NodeSet. pop() Equivalent to perl's pop function. push(@nodes) Equivalent to perl's push function. append($nodeset) Given a nodeset, appends the list of nodes in $nodeset to the end of the current list. shift() Equivalent to perl's shift function. unshift(@nodes) Equivalent to perl's unshift function. prepend($nodeset) Given a nodeset, prepends the list of nodes in $nodeset to the front of the current list. perl v5.16.2 2002-09-02 XPath::NodeSet(3)