Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to put element of an array to first position. Post 302430382 by vprasads on Thursday 17th of June 2010 11:34:03 AM
Old 06-17-2010
how to put element of an array to first position.

hi,

I have a array like

my $array = ( "apple","ball","cat","dog","elephant");

how to push some element in the array to the first position.
for example my final array should be

elephant apple ball cat dog

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a word starting at particular position in a file using shell scripting

Hi all, I'm new to shell scripting and hence this query. I have 2 files. temp.txt and config.txt. The values in temp.txt are tab separated. ex: temp.txt AB CDE GHIJ OPQRS WXY ex:config.txt (1st line for 1st element of temp.txt and so on) start = '1' end='5' start = '6' end =... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhrap.das
26 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put count for first element in a file at the end

Hi, I have a file where I need to count the total for the first element and put it back at the end of file... here is the example... input.. FHDR|ABC|20100607| |ABC|8453|CDE|E166|||| 123|ABC|8453|CDE|E166|||| 123|ABC|8453|CDE|E166|||| 111|ABC|8453|CDE|E166||||... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: donadarsh
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put words to fix position in a file

Hi all, There are several lines in my file as a=123,b=dene,c=2312,d=234234,g=vxcvxcv,h=44 a=3,b=dene,c=22,d=23422342334,g=vxcvxcv,h=4 a=123,b=dene,c=2312,d=234234,g=vxcvxcv,h=678 I take values with this command awk -F '' '{print $1,$2,$3}' a.txt I want to put values to a fix position... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahadiraktan
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If test array element multiplication

Ya, I know, who in this day and age is mirroring rootvg...? But yes, my shop does and I need to script checking for it. I also know I could just inverse the the logic and call the LV mirrored if the LPs and PPs were not equal. But I want to do the math in the if test and also know I could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtsonoma
5 Replies
ARRAY_UNSHIFT(3)							 1							  ARRAY_UNSHIFT(3)

array_unshift - Prepend one or more elements to the beginning of an array

SYNOPSIS
int array_unshift (array &$array, mixed $value1, [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_unshift(3) prepends passed elements to the front of the $array. Note that the list of elements is prepended as a whole, so that the prepended elements stay in the same order. All numerical array keys will be modified to start counting from zero while literal keys won't be touched. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $value1 - First value to prepend. RETURN VALUES
Returns the new number of elements in the $array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_unshift(3) example <?php $queue = array("orange", "banana"); array_unshift($queue, "apple", "raspberry"); print_r($queue); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => apple [1] => raspberry [2] => orange [3] => banana ) SEE ALSO
array_shift(3), array_push(3), array_pop(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_UNSHIFT(3)