Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reinstall Solaris?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reinstall Solaris? Post 302429920 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 06:25:21 AM
Old 06-16-2010
i assume the "terminals" are sunray systems... so after re-installing solaris you also need to install sunray server software and configure it... with no knowledge this could be a problem. so the password reset is maybe the better option. tell us what you've tried and where you fail and we'll see what we can do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

reinstall Linux

I am trying to reinstall Linux on a machine which already has Linux. It's an Intel Machine (DELL). I want to boot it from the CD but for some reason, I don't get the F2 or F12 for setup. It directly takes me to the welcome thing. What do I need to do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bandaru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash reinstall

Is there any way how to reinstall bash without reinstaling the whole unix? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Foxgard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i reinstall unix or solaris if i can't log into the system?

I just got a Sun solaris workstation from my friend but i don't know the password to his username. I have all the software but i dont know how to reinstall the operating system without logging in first. I dont need any of the info already on the system. Someone please help :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoops31237
5 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Reinstall

As a pet project we are trying to install Windows 95 on an OLD Laptop PC (Toshiba Satallite 110CS) Well Our first Debacle was Dos Died due to us Formatting the system (Well duh) How ever we have failed to beable to Get a Base install of dos to start Installing 95. We have No CD-ROM (Quaint we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexodia
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall recommendations?

I'm currently running 32-bit Xubuntu 8.10 and I'm thinking of changing over to 64-bit Ubuntu 9.04. Any recommendations on how to make this go more smoothly? -----Post Update----- Can I shuffle around the partitions and install it as a second OS? Is there a good way to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

reinstall identical system?

I have my Ubuntu system nicely tailored to my needs, with specific software installed, and other things removed. I'd like to build a new PC, and have the identical software configuration on it. Is there some easy way to export the list of installed software to a file? Then have the new machine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall sudo apt-get?

I am using ubuntu11.10 and i was trying to do the update to 12.04, i found a post suggesting to use to solve part of the problem: sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-keyring sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install ubuntu-keyringI ran the first command but not able to run the second or any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CS_NA
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Reinstall Hardware sentry

Hi Guys, I need to reinstall hardware sentry for BMC patrol manager in solariws server. I am trying to find the patrol version. please help me with the version number and reinstallation as i am new. Uname -a:SunOS 5.10 Generic_142901-06 i86pc i386 i86pc Thanks in advance!!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Reinstall old hard drives

I have a T2000 Sun-Fire server. I have 2 sets of drives in a raid 1. Lets call them Set A and Set B. I had Set A installed and working. I needed a new install so I so build up Set B. After some time I wanted to put Set A back in the server. Now the system will not boot off of Set A. I tried to boot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stu1811
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Can't reinstall Solaris 11.3 - no more disk slots available

I tried to reinstall GRUB2 on my previous Solaris 11.3 installation but could not figure out why "bootadm install-bootloader" failed. Now I am trying to reinstall Solaris 11.3 instead, over my old Solaris partition. I am using the USB Live media ISO with the GUI. Installation fails with this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
0 Replies
started(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						started(7)

NAME
       started - event signalling that a job is running

SYNOPSIS
       started JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE [ENV]...

DESCRIPTION
       The  started  event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has finished starting and is now running.  The JOB
       environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty  for  sin-
       gle-instance jobs.

init(8)	emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other
       activity.  It is typically combined with the stopping(7) event by services declaring a dependency.

Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the started  event.   See
       init(5) for more details.

EXAMPLE
       A service that wishes to depend on another service might use:

start on started apache
	      stop on stopping apache

A task that must be run after another task or service has been started might use:

start on started postgresql

SEE ALSO
       starting(7) stopping(7) stopped(7) init(5)

Upstart 							    2009-07-09								started(7)