Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting nfs/server
Operating Systems Solaris Starting nfs/server Post 302429501 by jld on Monday 14th of June 2010 04:05:07 PM
Old 06-14-2010
Starting nfs/server

Hi,

I do not get nfs/server started.

Code:
bash-3.00# svcadm enable nfs/server

bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep nfs
disabled       21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/cbd:default
disabled       21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/client:default
disabled       21:44:51 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default
disabled       22:03:03 svc:/network/nfs/server:default
online         21:44:48 svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default
online         21:44:48 svc:/network/nfs/status:default
online         21:44:48 svc:/network/nfs/nlockmgr:default

bash-3.00# svcs -l nfs/server
fmri         svc:/network/nfs/server:default
name         NFS server
enabled      false
state        disabled
next_state   none
state_time   Mon Jun 14 22:03:03 2010
logfile      /var/svc/log/network-nfs-server:default.log
restarter    svc:/system/svc/restarter:default
contract_id
dependency   require_any/error svc:/milestone/network (online)
dependency   require_all/error svc:/network/nfs/nlockmgr (online)
dependency   optional_all/error svc:/network/nfs/mapid (online)
dependency   require_all/restart svc:/network/rpc/bind (online)
dependency   optional_all/none svc:/network/rpc/keyserv (disabled)
dependency   optional_all/none svc:/network/rpc/gss (online)
dependency   require_all/error svc:/system/filesystem/local (online)

bash-3.00# cat /var/svc/log/network-nfs-server:default.log
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/nfs-server start") ]
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Method "start" exited with status 0 ]
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Stopping because all processes in service exited. ]
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Executing stop method ("/lib/svc/method/nfs-server stop 97") ]
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Method "stop" exited with status 0 ]
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Executing stop method ("/lib/svc/method/nfs-server stop 99") ]
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Executing stop method ("/lib/svc/method/nfs-server stop 101") ]
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Executing stop method ("/lib/svc/method/nfs-server stop 103") ]
[ Jun 14 22:03:03 Disabled. ]

Why does'nt the service start right?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting a server

i am currently am planning to start a webserver to host a community of webpages, but i need help getting started? anyone have any sites or advice for me? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowlofrice
1 Replies

2. Solaris

x server starting problem

i have installed solaris 10 on PIII i Ghz cpu, whole installation carried out in GUI mode but after installation it is unable to start GUI mode. Error is : "X server can not be started on display 0" screed flickers twice and the CLI login prompt appears (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajays
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Stopping NFS from starting at bootup - Solaris 10

Does anyone know how I stop nfs/lockd and all of the associated services from starting at bootup? There's nothing in the /etc/rc*.d files to rename. That was my first idea. I also tried renaming /etc/init.d/nfs.server to something else, but that did not work either. Any ideas would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amheck
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Starting NFS server Solaris 10

Whenever I start nfs/server using "svcadm -v enable" it appears to start up. But when I look for daemons such as nfsd I don't see any. So I checked the manifest logs for nfs/server and it's telling me the NFS service gets enabled and then immediately disabled with a stop 102. All the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
2 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Having problems starting up NFS on an OpenSolaris box

I am trying to set up an OpenSolaris box to be an NFS server. The OpenSolaris version is 2008.11. The kernel (uname -a output) is: SunOS minime-28 5.11 snv_101b i86pc i386 i86pc It is running ZFS but I know nothing about ZFS. I have an entry in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file: share -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sqa777
1 Replies

7. Solaris

nfs/server not starting

Hi Gurus Sorry to ask this question again but left with no option I have entry in /etc/dfs/dfstab for resources which i am welling to shaer over the netwrok. Idelay once i execute shaerall it should enabel the nfs/server servcie in Solaris 10, however it was not stared and later i tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies
nfsd(1M)																  nfsd(1M)

NAME
nfsd - NFS daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/nfsd [-a] [-c #_conn] [-l listen_backlog] [-p protocol] [-t device] [nservers] nfsd is the daemon that handles client file system requests. Only users with {PRIV_SYS_NFS} and sufficient privileges to write to /var/run can run this daemon. The nfsd daemon is automatically invoked using share(1M) with the -a option. By default, nfsd starts over the TCP and UDP transports for versions 2 and 3. By default, it starts over the TCP for version 4. You can change this with the -p option. A previously invoked nfsd daemon started with or without options must be stopped before invoking another nfsd command. Administrators wanting to change startup parameters for nfsd should, as root, make changes in the /etc/default/nfs file. See nfs(4). The following options are supported: -a Start a NFS daemon over all available connectionless and connection-oriented transports, including UDP and TCP. Equivalent of setting the NFSD_PROTOCOL parameter to ALL in the nfs file. -c #_conn This sets the maximum number of connections allowed to the NFS server over connection-oriented transports. By default, the number of connections is unlimited. Equivalent of the NFSD_MAX_CONNECTIONS parameter in the nfs file. -l Set connection queue length for the NFS TCP over a connection-oriented transport. The default value is 32 entries. Equiva- lent of the NFSD_LISTEN_BACKLOG parameter in the nfs file. -p protocol Start a NFS daemon over the specified protocol. Equivalent of the NFSD_PROTOCOL parameter in the nfs file. -t device Start a NFS daemon for the transport specified by the given device. Equivalent of the NFSD_DEVICE parameter in the nfs file. The following operands are supported: nservers This sets the maximum number of concurrent NFS requests that the server can handle. This concurrency is achieved by up to nservers threads created as needed in the kernel. nservers should be based on the load expected on this server. 16 is the usual number of nservers. If nservers is not specified, the maximum number of concurrent NFS requests will default to 1. Equivalent of the NFSD_SERVERS parameter in the nfs file. USAGE
If the NFS_PORTMON variable is set in /etc/system, then clients are required to use privileged ports (ports < IPPORT_RESERVED) to get NFS services. This variable is equal to zero by default. This variable has been moved from the "nfs" module to the "nfssrv" module. To set the variable, edit the /etc/system file and add this entry: set nfssrv:nfs_portmon = 1 0 Daemon started successfully. 1 Daemon failed to start. .nfsXXX Client machine pointer to an open-but-unlinked file. /etc/default/nfs Contains startup parameters for nfsd. /etc/system System configuration information file. /var/nfs/v4_state Directories used by the server to manage client state information. These directories should not be removed. /var/nfs/v4_oldstate See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ps(1), svcs(1), mountd(1M), share(1M), svcadm(1M), nfs(4), sharetab(4), system(4), attributes(5), smf(5) Manually starting and restarting nfsd is not recommended. If it is necessary to do so, use svcadm to enable or disable the nfs service (svc:/network/nfs/server). If it is disabled, it will be enabled by share_nfs(1M), unless its application/auto_enable property is set to false. See the , and svcadm(1M) for more information. The nfsd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/nfs/server Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. If nfsd is killed with SIGTERM, it will not be restarted by the service management facility. Instead, nfsd can be restarted by other sig- nals, such as SIGINT. 27 Apr 2005 nfsd(1M)