Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX i want to cancel printing job Post 302429367 by vbe on Monday 14th of June 2010 08:45:26 AM
Old 06-14-2010
were you root when you did a cancel -e ? ( -e only works for priviledged users...)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied when cancel lp job

Sun E5000 running Solaris 8 I receive permission denied error when attempting to cancel a print job as root, user, or lp. I found a tech tip that said to remove the tcp lp listeners but that didn't help. I can clean the queue using the old sun lpc command but my users need to be able to cancel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ron Restieri
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FormFeed BEFORE printing a job

I have a problem where my printer formfeeds a blank page prior to printing a job. Anyone know where I can turn this off? AIX O/S - RS-6000 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cancel all printjobs at once?

Hi unix-friends, I've got an RS6000 with Unix 4.3 as OS. I'm writing a script that i want to use for cancelling all print jobs at once. Does anyone have any good idea's, hints, or tips? Hope to hear from you, Erik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cancel the massage

Hi all In Aix system Someone know i want to cancel the massage. if some user print something and user root deleting the job i got brodcast message " message from queueing system job number XXX has been deleteing from queue. <EOT> " I use the cancel command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goldfelda
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Cron Job... How to cancel it.

Hello, I am sort of new to cron jobs, I have a cron job running everyday that no longer needs to. How do I cancel it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
4 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cancel Account

I accidentally typed a wrong user name... pls delete my account so that i can create a new one.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pat_Martin
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't cancel nohup job

Yesterday I started a nohup job called assoc.sh. It has not finished running, but I have realised a problem with my script, so wish to cancel it, modify and restart it. However, I cannot find the PID, so can't cancel it. I have searched the ps list and nothing resembles my job - how can I cancel... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cancel Printing Problem

Hi guys, Does any one know how to do script for cancel Print jobs. First it will ask for printer name or type and then show all print queus then remove jobs from the printer. Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: masco
14 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Printing a 'right arrow' on a new page at the End Of Job

Hi, I have set up an HP printer, Model P3005dn" on our server running HP-Ux 11.31. The printing is fine but I'm also getting an extra page printed with an right arrow (-->) only. I suspect that this could be the "Tab Expansion" or a "CR/LF" character. Can ayone please advise what could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koketso
0 Replies
lprm(1) 							    Apple Inc.								   lprm(1)

NAME
lprm - cancel print jobs SYNOPSIS
lprm [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -P destination[/instance] ] [ - ] [ job-id(s) ] DESCRIPTION
lprm cancels print jobs that have been queued for printing. If no arguments are supplied, the current job on the default destination is canceled. You can specify one or more job ID numbers to cancel those jobs or use the - option to cancel all jobs. OPTIONS
The lprm command supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -P destination[/instance] Specifies the destination printer or class. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. CONFORMING TO
The CUPS version of lprm is compatible with the standard Berkeley command of the same name. EXAMPLES
Cancel the current job on the default printer: lprm Cancel job 1234: lprm 1234 Cancel all jobs: lprm - SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), lpq(1), lpr(1), lpstat(1), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 22 May 2014 CUPS lprm(1)