Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read a text file and print the content.. Post 302428458 by ygemici on Thursday 10th of June 2010 03:57:26 AM
Old 06-10-2010
MySQL

Code:
[root@sistem1lnx ~]# cat google
google
[root@sistem1lnx ~]# ./script google
g
go
goo
goog
googl
google

Code:
 cat script
#!/bin/bash
xcount=$( (cat google | grep -o "." | wc -l) )
for i in $(seq 1 $xcount)
do
    cat $1 | fold -w$i | sed -n '1p'
  done

I hope give a idea this..
And you must try to do your homework yourself Smilie
When you start to share your ideas then we try to help you always Smilie

Good works
Good lucks
Regards ygemici

Last edited by ygemici; 06-10-2010 at 05:06 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to ygemici For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a file and use the content for mapping

help me pls.. :( i want to read a mapping file. Below is the content of my mapping file. 6221,189,SMSC1,OMC1,WAP1 6223,188,SMSC2,OMC2,WAP2 so when my program running msisdn="622130302310" while not EOF if substring($msisdn,1,4) == "6221" -- > "6221" read from the file then echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: voidmain
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file content

i have one file abhi.txt its contents are home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup/file1 home8/mc09ats/file2 i want to read this content of file using while loop.. in this i want to seperate the content as follows path=home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup file=file1 echo path echo file can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file and only output certain content

Hi - I have a file containing data like :- cn=tommy,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100530130623z cn=jane,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100423140734z cn=michael,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100331020044z I want to end up with a file that looks like:-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the text file and print the content character by character..

hello all i request you to give the solution for the following problem.. I want read the text file.and print the contents character by character..like if the text file contains google means..i want to print g go goo goog googl google like this Using unix Shell scripting... without using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samupnl
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print @array content to a file

Hi, as the title, I have an array @f_lines with gene information in it. How can I put the content of @f_lines into a file so that I can read it? I tried this: open(OUTPUT, "file"); # put gene information in this file; @f_lines = ("gene1", "gene2", "gene3"...); # gene information; print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyni2ULF
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from text file;format and print output

Hi Following is the assumed input... Symmetrix ID : 12345 Originator Port wwn : 123456789 User-generated Name : 123456789/123456789 Sym Dev Dir:P LUN ------ ----- ----------------------- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ------- 1234 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy.san
4 Replies

9. Programming

Read text from file and print each character in separate line

performing this code to read from file and print each character in separate line works well with ASCII encoded text void preprocess_file (FILE *fp) { int cc; for (;;) { cc = getc (fp); if (cc == EOF) break; printf ("%c\n", cc); } } int main(int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khaled79
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
MIME::Field::ContType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  MIME::Field::ContType(3)

NAME
MIME::Field::ContType - a "Content-type" field DESCRIPTION
A subclass of Mail::Field. Don't use this class directly... its name may change in the future! Instead, ask Mail::Field for new instances based on the field name! SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Field; use MIME::Head; # Create an instance from some text: $field = Mail::Field->new('Content-type', 'text/HTML; charset="US-ASCII"'); # Get the MIME type, like 'text/plain' or 'x-foobar'. # Returns 'text/plain' as default, as per RFC 2045: my ($type, $subtype) = split('/', $field->type); # Get generic information: print $field->name; # Get information related to "message" type: if ($type eq 'message') { print $field->id; print $field->number; print $field->total; } # Get information related to "multipart" type: if ($type eq 'multipart') { print $field->boundary; # the basic value, fixed up print $field->multipart_boundary; # empty if not a multipart message! } # Get information related to "text" type: if ($type eq 'text') { print $field->charset; # returns 'us-ascii' as default } PUBLIC INTERFACE
boundary Return the boundary field. The boundary is returned exactly as given in the "Content-type:" field; that is, the leading double-hyphen ("--") is not prepended. (Well, almost exactly... from RFC 2046: (If a boundary appears to end with white space, the white space must be presumed to have been added by a gateway, and must be deleted.) so we oblige and remove any trailing spaces.) Returns the empty string if there is no boundary, or if the boundary is illegal (e.g., if it is empty after all trailing whitespace has been removed). multipart_boundary Like "boundary()", except that this will also return the empty string if the message is not a multipart message. In other words, there's an automatic sanity check. type Try real hard to determine the content type (e.g., "text/plain", "image/gif", "x-weird-type", which is returned in all-lowercase. A happy thing: the following code will work just as you would want, even if there's no subtype (as in "x-weird-type")... in such a case, the $subtype would simply be the empty string: ($type, $subtype) = split('/', $head->mime_type); If the content-type information is missing, it defaults to "text/plain", as per RFC 2045: Default RFC 2822 messages are typed by this protocol as plain text in the US-ASCII character set, which can be explicitly specified as "Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii". If no Content-Type is specified, this default is assumed. Note: under the "be liberal in what we accept" principle, this routine no longer syntax-checks the content type. If it ain't empty, just downcase and return it. NOTES
Since nearly all (if not all) parameters must have non-empty values to be considered valid, we just return the empty string to signify missing fields. If you need to get the real underlying value, use the inherited "param()" method (which returns undef if the parameter is missing). SEE ALSO
MIME::Field::ParamVal, Mail::Field AUTHOR
Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com), ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). David F. Skoll (dfs@roaringpenguin.com) http://www.roaringpenguin.com perl v5.18.2 2013-11-14 MIME::Field::ContType(3)