Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What would the physical address be for virtual address? Post 302428226 by lemon_06 on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 08:05:19 AM
Old 06-09-2010
What would the physical address be for virtual address?

Hi guys,
I got one problem which I definetily no idea.
What would the physical address be for virtual address?
1) 2ABC

2) 3F4B

Here is the page table:see attached

Thank you sos sososososso much!!
What would the physical address be for virtual address?-qq-.jpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Binding Virtual IP address to NIC

Hi, I bound a virtual IP to a network card on my E450 server and I am getting this error when I reboot the server, saying, " retrying host, RPC time out. I had to break this sequence and allow other services to load. Of course they didn't load properly. Please how can I sort this out? I do need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

Virtual IP address

We currently have a Solaris Wks that is being used as an "ftp server" and it routinely accepts data each night that if ftp'd to it from off site. In the event that this "ftp server" should fail (crash, die, whatever) we would like to have an automatic fail over to a second Solaris Wks as the "ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanejm
2 Replies

3. AIX

Physical and Logical IP address

Hi all I need command to give logical and physical IP Address for my machine. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign virtual address?.

Hello,I am new to unix,i want to know how to assign virtual ip address to a system that is in my personal network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veeru_jarugula
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Add Static Routes to new physical address

Hi, I need help to add new route: 10.252.0.138, GW 10.252.0.129 to e1000g1 and 10.252.0.10, GW 10.252.0.1 to e1000g2 tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

6. AIX

Virtual IP address in HACMP

I am new to HACMP V5.4 in AIX5.3.Please let me know how to get the virtual IP address configured for a HACMP cluster. Is this the correct way to identify it? If i give ifconfig -a the first ip address displayed is the real address of the host.So the other one can be VIP. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guru13
3 Replies

7. AIX

Hardware address to physical location

Hello How do I deternine the physical location of an ethernet port, based on the hardware address? I have 4 ports on a 9133-55A ent0 05-08 ent1 05-09 ent2 07-08 ent3 07-09 Two of these are internal, and two are on a card. I need to single out ent0 and ent2, but I cannot find any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

8. Programming

help with C++ code that relate the object with physical address

I need some help to write a C++ code that read and write the register of a sequencer. I have to make a code that relate the objects with the physical address but I am a bit confuse. Could someone suggest me how to proceed? in which parts do I split the code? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silviafisica
1 Replies

9. Solaris

i want to set ip address to a virtual machine

hi all i want to set ip address to a vitrual machine i am using following command. but it is not ifconfig -a command output. what is wrong i dont know bash# ifconfig interfacename plumb bash# ifconfig interfacename auto-dhcp Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a value to a physical memory address in bash script?

How would I write a value to a physical memory address? I was able to read a physical memory address (for example, 0x400) using this line: dd if=/dev/mem count=4 bs=1 skip=$(( 0x400 )) But I get an error: dd: 'standard input': cannot skip to specified offset when I try to write using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rabrandt
1 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The SIZE argument is an integer and optional unit (example: 10K is 10*1024). Units are K,M,G,T,P,E,Z,Y (powers of 1024) or KB,MB,... (pow- ers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/truncate> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) truncate invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TRUNCATE(1)