Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Metamail for Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Metamail for Solaris 10 Post 302427762 by paragkhanore on Monday 7th of June 2010 07:46:03 PM
Old 06-07-2010
Metamail for Solaris 10

Hi All,

We are trying to Load Metamail on our Solaris 10 Server but are not able to.

This is what we get:
m5k604d1@root# pwd
/export/home/xpvh76/mm2.7/src

m5k604d1@root# /usr/ccs/bin/make
(cd metamail ; make CONFIGDIR=../. CFLAGS="-g -I. " CC="cc" LDLIBS="")
sh: make: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `basics'

We have tried following to install the metamail software.

The source code available its self is throwing errors when it is being compiled. The steps we tried to trouble shoot this are given here.

1) PATH and LIBRARY_PATH variables were set accordingly.

2) The newest gcc version available was installed . Tried to compile with that. No luck.

3) Latest egcs version was installed and tried to compile . Didn't succeed.

4)All required library packages where installed as per the error logs which was thrown. Made necessary modifications to Makefile to include the new gcc

compiler and environment variables. Still not luck.

5) Tested with and without the gcc compiler.

Please Help!!!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem compiling metamail

Hi Guys. I have downloaded metamail from internet e I´m trying to compile it at a SCO 5.0.5. In this server it´s working fine (let´s name it as mission1) i´m using the developer package in this server (mission1) and when I use mailto, i got the e-mail fine. It´s forwarding to a exchange server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahnishimi
2 Replies

2. Programming

metamail execution error

Hi. I´m have installed the metamail from skunkware and when I´m trying to use mailto (the complete script is bellow), I got this message: # mailto To: test@bla.com Subject: test ~/2048000 Set splitsize to 2048000 ~* Please choose which kind of data you wish to insert: 0: A raw file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahnishimi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

metamail

Hi there. I have a problem with some files I am trying to process. It goes as follows: I receive an email with a MIME attachment I use metamail to extract the data to a flat file named "email.txt" I decode "email.txt" using metamail This works great with one tiny issue Information in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atwill
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Metamail Alternatives on Solaris 10

Hi All, We have been trying to Install Metamail on our Solaris 10 server but have failed to do so. We are a bit topo short of time here so are now trying to Explore any Meta Mail alternatives. What we basically want to do is: Server will recieve email, Procmail will recieve the email... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkhanore
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies
patchmedia(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    patchmedia(1M)

NAME
patchmedia - modify Solaris media with patches and packages SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/patchmedia -d media-root [-v] [-o iso] [-l label] pkg_or_patch [pkg_or_patch ...] DESCRIPTION
The patchmedia utility takes a list of patches and packages as input and updates the install miniroot in media-root (the root directory of an on-disk image of a Solaris installation media) to include the specified patches and packages. These patches and packages are also placed in a subdirectory called DU under the Solaris install image. For example: media-root/Solaris_10/DU When booting a system from the updated media, the patches and packages will be part of the booted Solaris image. They will also be applied to the target system being installed at the end of the installation process. If -o is specified, a bootable ISO image is created in the file media.iso that contains the Solaris install media. The ISO image can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (The latter is not a SunOS man page.) OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d media-root Top-level directory of on-disk image of Solaris installation media. This is option must be specified. -o iso Create a Solaris ISO image of media-root. -l label Label/volume name of the ISO image (if -o option is specified). If -o is not specified, the name of Solaris directory under media-root, for example, Solaris_10, will be used. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pkg_or_patch [pkg_or_patch ...] One or more patches or packages (you can have both patches and packages in a single command) with which the Solaris installation media media-root will be updated. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Updating a Solaris Install Image with Patch and Package The following command updates the Solaris install image in s10u1 by adding patch 123456-07 and package SUNWfoo. # /usr/bin/patchmedia -d s10u1 SUNWfoo 123456-07 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), mkcd(1M), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 29 Jul 2008 patchmedia(1M)