Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo + ulimit not working ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sudo + ulimit not working ? Post 302427634 by zaxxon on Monday 7th of June 2010 10:10:31 AM
Old 06-07-2010
Sorry, forget what I wrote, I was mixing up sudo with su - I come back when I have checked it out Smilie

---------- Post updated at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:46 PM ----------

ulimit is a shell builtin on some OSes and in that case - you can't use shell builtins via sudo as far as I know.
If it is an option for you, you might want to change your limits permanent for some user via editing /etc/security/limits.conf or whatever file it is on your OS. Don't forget to relog to make changes for that user/shell active.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo chmod not working

now running mac os x 10.53 and sudo chmod comes back with : operation not permitted. sample file: -rwxr-xr-x+ 1 1000 com.apple.monitor_all_services 276592 Jun 8 2007 342345.tif i am running as root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Movomito
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo command not working with cron job.

Hello, I have written a script that has a sudo command to change file permissions within it. When I run the script manually, the sudo command inside of it works fine. When the script is run through crontab I get the error "cron: not found". It the same user profile that I am using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command is not working inside a script when placed in cron

Hi All, i have a cron entry like 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57 * * * * /amex/sssmonitor/dss_chk.ksh and the script is like #!/bin/ksh file=`uname -n` > /sunmast/projects/oasis/COREDEV/Dss$file.log > /tmp/output_sss today=`date` varb=`ps -ef | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo chmod not working through script

Legends, I am trying sudo chmod from one shell to different machine. but getting the error. Please let me know if there is any way to do this. A#pk} for i in Bl1 Brl1 >> do >> echo $i >> ssh $i sudo chmod 755 /etc/services >> done Bl1 Password: bash: sudo: command not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo inside a here document not working

Have a sudo statement inside of a here document. It prompts me for a password, but doesnt wait for me to enter my password. Is there a way I can use the command without sudo or anyway that I can enter the password correctly? Eg : while read remotehost do ssh -t $2@$remotehost <<REMOTE... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
13 Replies

6. Red Hat

sudo is not working properly

This is the first time for using sudo for me. # visudo ## Allows people in group admin to run all commands %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL # groupadd admin # useradd temp # usermod -a -G admin temp # id temp uid=506(temp) gid=506(temp) groups=506(temp),507(admin) # #sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
5 Replies

7. Solaris

SunOs 5.9: why is 'ulimit -c' not working?

I have a situation where the system is dumping a 2g causing filesystem to fill up. We identified the source and working on a solution. However, I wanted to limit the size of the 'core' file. Please examine the test scenario ... cnewtonne@mars> ulimit -f 0 cnewtonne@mars> ls -ltr core*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnewtonne
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo su - user not working

Hi All, I need your expertise to solve my problem, my account has permission to make sudo and su but when I try to switch user in a shell, it does not work with following message: "Sorry, user jmbeltra is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/su -c echo HELLO THERE - oracle' as root on dbbr1k01" I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Axtel
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudo Not working on Solaris 10

Hi All, im a bit new to Solaris 10 iv been working on Redhat and cant seem to get the sudo working on Solaris 10:D Iv installed the below packages via pkgadd command: gcc-4.7.2-sol10-x86-local libiconv-1.14-sol10-x86-local libintl-3.4.0-sol10-x86-local sudo-1.8.13-sol10-x86-local ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SolarisRSA
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudo not working on LDAP client machine

Hi, I have configured ldap manually on solaris 10/11 machine with below entries: # ldapclient list |grep sudo NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= sudoers:ou=SUDOers,dc=exm,dc=ple,dc=com # cat /etc/nsswitch.conf |grep -i sudo sudoers: files ldap # But groups available in LDAP server... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sridaran
8 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)