Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filtering a file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Filtering a file Post 302426293 by JayC89 on Tuesday 1st of June 2010 10:41:24 AM
Old 06-01-2010
Filtering a file

I have a list of directories looking something like;

Code:
/usr/local/1/in
/usr/local/1/out
/usr/local/1/archive
/usr/local/2/in
/usr/local/2/out
/usr/local/2/archive
/usr/local/3/in
/usr/local/3/out
/usr/local/3/archive

Is there a way I can filter the out and archive directories so I can use them as a variable in a "find" script.

E.g. I want to run;

Code:
find ${archive} -type f -mtime +6 -exec rm {} \;

On only the archive directory and;

Code:
find ${out} -type f -mtime +2 -exec mv {} ../archive \;

Only on the out directory.
JayC89

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filtering by file size

Hi ! I wanted to know how can i filter files by "size range". like : getting all the files that are bigger than 100 byte and smaller than 200 byte ? I want to make it as a script... I noticed the unix command : find . -size +100c but i also want limit it's upper bounds. so something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: Filtering a File

Hi all I need to write a small shell script, where we have one Log file and another File 1 containing some tags in it. My log file can have multiple tags in it which can be other than the ones that are part of File 1. So I need to write a script that will run and test whether the tags... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HItesh
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering line out of file

Hy, I would like to extract lines within following file, 4TX + 4XFUT + 4XBACK + 4Xexp: theo. actual start of day: -2 5 end of day: 5 4 profit: 2 -1 ==================== trade profit: 9 -2... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam786
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering Log file

Hi, Iam trying to filter a log file in the below format |fffff|hhhhh|ffff|dd|mm|yy|hh|min||dd|mm|yy|hh|min the first set of |dd|mm|yy|hh|min is when the application ran the second set of |dd|mm|yy|hh|min when it ended. I will be removing the last of the months in the log file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions on File filtering

I have a file test.txt with the lines below : $ cat test.txt AAA 1 AAA 2 BBB 5 BBB 7 BBB 9 CCC 3 CCC 4 DDD 6 EEE 5 I want to filter the file above to make it have unique rows with the condition that if there are rows with the same value in the first column I want the row with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering the rows in a file

hi all, please help on this isssue, i have a file which contains something like this and i want to seprate the servers which has vasd.pid ,i need only server names. i want output something like this which vasd.pid . server1 server3 server4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharson
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering the log file

Hi i have a log file like example below. I need only one field from below log all other need to be truncated from the log file. 2011-06-13 15:10:53,498 INFO ext.SP->CAL (log point 5) can any body help on this please. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mostwantedkisss
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering first file columns based on second file column

Hi friends, I have one file like below. (.csv type) SNo,data1,data2 1,1,2 2,2,3 3,3,2 and another file like below. Exclude data1 where Exclude should be treated as column name in file2. I want the output shown below. SNo,data2 1,2 2,3 3,2 Where my data1 column got removed from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help of filtering string from a file.

HI All, We have an Redhat Machine, And some folder with couple simple text files, this files containing a lot of lines with various strings and IP address with different classes. The Requirement in eventually , is to pass the all various IP addresses to Excel. My question is : what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Stone
4 Replies
APT-KEY(8)								APT								APT-KEY(8)

NAME
apt-key - APT key management utility SYNOPSIS
apt-key [--keyring filename] [command] [arguments...] DESCRIPTION
apt-key is used to manage the list of keys used by apt to authenticate packages. Packages which have been authenticated using these keys will be considered trusted. COMMANDS
add filename Add a new key to the list of trusted keys. The key is read from filename, or standard input if filename is -. del keyid Remove a key from the list of trusted keys. export keyid Output the key keyid to standard output. exportall Output all trusted keys to standard output. list List trusted keys. finger List fingerprints of trusted keys. adv Pass advanced options to gpg. With adv --recv-key you can download the public key. update Update the local keyring with the archive keyring and remove from the local keyring the archive keys which are no longer valid. The archive keyring is shipped in the archive-keyring package of your distribution, e.g. the debian-archive-keyring package in Debian. net-update Work similar to the update command above, but get the archive keyring from an URI instead and validate it against a master key. This requires an installed wget(1) and an APT build configured to have a server to fetch from and a master keyring to validate. APT in Debian does not support this command and relies on update instead, but Ubuntu's APT does. OPTIONS
Note that options need to be defined before the commands described in the previous section. --keyring filename With this option it is possible to specify a specific keyring file the command should operate on. The default is that a command is executed on the trusted.gpg file as well as on all parts in the trusted.gpg.d directory, through trusted.gpg is the primary keyring which means that e.g. new keys are added to this one. FILES
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg Keyring of local trusted keys, new keys will be added here. Configuration Item: Dir::Etc::Trusted. /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ File fragments for the trusted keys, additional keyrings can be stored here (by other packages or the administrator). Configuration Item Dir::Etc::TrustedParts. /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg Local trust database of archive keys. /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg Keyring of Debian archive trusted keys. /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-removed-keys.gpg Keyring of Debian archive removed trusted keys. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-secure(8) BUGS
APT bug page[1]. If you wish to report a bug in APT, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHOR
APT was written by the APT team apt@packages.debian.org. AUTHOR
Jason Gunthorpe COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Jason Gunthorpe NOTES
1. APT bug page http://bugs.debian.org/src:apt Linux 28 October 2008 APT-KEY(8)