Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx not working properly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx not working properly Post 302425979 by clx on Monday 31st of May 2010 07:45:49 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Which OS do you have?

for HP-UX, try this

Code:
(echo 'this mail has attachment';uuencode output.csv output.csv) | mailx -m -s 'test mail' xyz@abc.com

If linux, try this,

Code:
echo 'this mail has attachment' | mailx -s 'test mail' -a output.csv xyz@abc.com

This User Gave Thanks to clx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard not working properly...

Hello Again, Those that have noticed my earlier posts will know that I have succesfully installed Solaris 8 onto my pc. I haven't been able to get x-server working (i think it doesn't like my video card) though I've been able to log into root (with a bit of help from unix forums :o ) and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timresh
2 Replies

2. Programming

y is this not working properly?

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> struct stat s; main() { char c; if (fork()==0) { system("clear"); do { printf("myAI\\>§ "); scanf("%s",c); if(stat(c,&s)>-1) {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Cron - Not working properly

Hi, I do have three scripts. Whcih inserts records into a table using sqlldr, creating some reprot files etc. The first script will call the second and then the second will call the third. When I run my first script from the shell prompt, all my operation are completed successfully. If I do... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
23 Replies

4. HP-UX

FC card not working properly

Hi I've a problem with Hp-ux 11.11 9000/800/rp3440 system. Already the software for driver & its patch are loaded for HBA Fibrechannel card, but still the fibrechannel card is showing the status "Unclaimed" . What will be reason for this? How to get the status "Claimed" ? Pl. help me out.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n not working properly

Hi all, I'm trying to generate a series of txt files starting from a plain csv file part of my code: #!/bin/ksh INSTALLDIR=/Users/ME/Installdir CSV=CSV.csv TMP=/tmp/$(basename $0).txt tr -s "\r" "\n" < /$INSTALLDIR/$CSV > $TMP function Makefiles { printf '%24s:%30s\n' "sometext"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jive Spector
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail is not working properly

Hi All, Can any one help me to solve the issue. The Issue is, i have started the sendmail service on my RHEL 4 update 6 box, I am able to send the mail from my box to almost all of the Email Id's except few. Exampe, test mail. . Output is :the message is sent. now if I send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

sudo is not working properly

This is the first time for using sudo for me. # visudo ## Allows people in group admin to run all commands %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL # groupadd admin # useradd temp # usermod -a -G admin temp # id temp uid=506(temp) gid=506(temp) groups=506(temp),507(admin) # #sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode is not working properly

Hello Everyone, I'm very new to the shell script. I'm trying to send multiple attachments in unix using uuencode command. Total I have 3 text files which should be send in mail. but I'm getting 6 files and 3 files with subject as file name. And the content is ` end I'm working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: narikivar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not sending excel attachment properly

Hi, I am trying to send email with attachment using mailx command. I am using the folowing command: uuencode XX_HWSW_BUYERWISE_88963631_1.xls XX_HWSW_BUYERWISE_88963631_1.xls | mailx -s "Test Mail as Attachment" oracleams@xyz.com I get the email in the inbox. However, when I try to open the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asp_julius
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expansion not working properly

I'm using an Ubuntu machine and expansion is not working properly. What would cause this? Do I need to check for any particular bash packages? $ ipcs -m | grep $USER | awk '{printf "%s ",$2}' $ ipcs -m | grep UNF | awk '{printf "%s ",$2}' 294912 1048577 425986 688131 786436 1245189... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
14 Replies
ftpmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							ftpmail(1)

NAME
ftpmail - FIFO-based Perl script for sending email based on proftpd TransferLog SYNOPSIS
ftpmail [ --help ] [ --fifo fifo-path ] [ --from email-address ] [ --log xferlog-file ] [ --recipient email-address ] [ --subject email- subject ] [ --smtp-server server-address ] [ --attach-file ] [ --auth smtp-auth-info-file ] [ --ignore-users regex-pattern ] [ --watch- users regex-pattern ] DESCRIPTION
ftpmail is a Perl script designed to read ProFTPD's TransferLog log entries, watching for uploads, and to send an automatic email notifica- tion when uploads occur. To use ftpmail , you configure your proftpd daemon to write its TransferLog to a FIFO; the ftpmail program is a FIFO reading program which then processes those log messages. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. --attach-file If used, this will cause a copy of the uploaded file to be included, as an attachment, in the generated email. --auth smtp-auth-info-file Configures the path to a file containing SMTP authentication information. The configured file should look like this: user username password password --fifo fifo-path Indicates the path to the FIFO to which proftpd is writing its TransferLog. That is, this is the path that you used for the TransferLog directive in your proftpd.conf. This parameter is REQUIRED. --from email-address Specifies the email address to use in the From email header. This parameter is REQUIRED. --ignore-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is NOT sent; otherwise, an email is sent. --log xferlog-path Since this script reads the TransferLog using FIFOs, the actual TransferLog file is not written by default. Use this option to write the normal TransferLog file, in addition to watching for uploads. --recipient email-address Specifies an email address to which to send an email notification of the upload. This option can be used multiple times to specify multiple recipients. AT LEAST ONE recipient is REQUIRED. --smtp-server server-address Specifies the SMTP server to which to send the email. This parameter is REQUIRED. --subject subject Specify a custom Subject email header for the email sent. The default Subject is: User '$user' uploaded file '$file' via FTP --watch-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is sent; otherwise, no email is sent. FILES
/var/log/xferlog AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8), xferlog(5) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2011 ftpmail(1)