Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Erase AIX rootvg system disk
Operating Systems AIX Erase AIX rootvg system disk Post 302425205 by kah00na on Thursday 27th of May 2010 10:13:29 AM
Old 05-27-2010
Where do you go in the diag menus to securely erase the disk?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX System paramerter for Disk performance

Can I change any AIX System paramerter for speeding the data Disk performance? Currently it slows with writing operations. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogogo
1 Replies

2. AIX

Erase hard disk data

How to erase/format hard disk data in RS6000 AIX PowerPC model 43 :confused: ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenloong
8 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2/5.3 - rootvg on SAN disk - pros and cons

We are considering a DR strategy of booting AIX 5.3 and 5.3 logical partitions from EMC Symmetrix SAN disks, so that we can replicate via SRDF to a recovery site. Has anyone tried configuring AIX 5.x systems to boot from SAN disk? If so, can you provide any information on the pros and cons of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjgarrot
6 Replies

4. AIX

Erase hard disk

Hi ... How to erase bootable hard disk in Pseries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
3 Replies

5. AIX

how to erase VIO server's rootvg?

how to erase VIO server's rootvg? I don't have CD can reinstall a new OS, can I go to maintenance to erase rootvg? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to use dd command to erase the data in disk

how to use dd command to erase the data in disk, such as hdisk2? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
9 Replies

7. AIX

vio server's rootvg disk migratepv

Hi I need to do the migratepv for the rootvg disks of the vio servers ? The current rootvg disks are on DMX3 storage and the new disks will be given from VMAX. Our setup is dual vio servers with multipathing to the vio clients. What is the command to do the migratepv for the vio rootvg disks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

8. AIX

access data from a new disk was assigned another rootvg

Hello, I try to access to data after connect a new disk (hdisk1) to a AIX 7.1 system This new disk was assigned to a rootvg from another AIX 6.1 system. It seem not assigned to any vg but if I tried to assigned hdisk1 to rootvg i get : Data seem to be always here ... ouf ;-)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Voran
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX break rootvg mirror from system down

Hello, aix 5.2, mirrored rootvg on hdisk0 and hdisk1. hdisk0 is dead. I can boot to cd, into sms, into maintenance mode. I can fsck all the various partitions on hdisk1 (the hd4 hd2 hd3, etc...) all is fine. But without the hdisk0 part of the mirror I cannot get the system to boot. ystem hangs on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshapiro
6 Replies
menu_item_value(3CURSES)				     Curses Library Functions					  menu_item_value(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_item_value, set_item_value, item_value - set and get menus item values SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_item_value(ITEM *item, int bool); int item_value(ITEM *item); DESCRIPTION
Unlike single-valued menus, multi-valued menus enable the end-user to select one or more items from a menu. set_item_value() sets the selected value of the item -- TRUE (selected) or FALSE (not selected). set_item_value() may be used only with multi-valued menus. To make a menu multi-valued, use set_menu_opts or menu_opts_off() to turn off the option O_ONEVALUE. (See menu_opts(3CURSES)). item_value() returns the select value of item, either TRUE (selected) or FALSE (unselected). RETURN VALUES
set_item_value() returns one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_REQUEST_DENIED The menu driver could not process the request. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), menu_opts(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 menu_item_value(3CURSES)