Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple sort with header
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple sort with header Post 302424895 by genehunter on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 01:49:59 PM
Old 05-26-2010
Simple sort with header

Hi,
Please help with this problem. Somehow does not work for me.

Code:
test.txt
 CHR          SNP         BP   A1      C_A      C_U   A2        CHISQ            P           OR
  19   rs10401969   19268718    C      222      890    T      0.03462       0.8524       0.9857
   1   rs10873889   76734548    G      934     3811    A       0.5325       0.4656       0.9691
   1   rs11589059  214196749    C      271     1084    T      0.01928       0.8896       0.9902

I want to sort on Col CHISQ ($8) keeping the header intact.
I used this code from another thread
Code:
gawk 'NR==1; {if(NR > 1) {print $0 | "sort -t '\t' -nk 8,8"}}' test.txt

However it does not work for me. Smilie
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort standard input without first line < Header >

Do somebody have idea How to sort standard input without first line which in my case it's header Example: Cnt|VT |STAT|Date |Time |From |Alert Message |Instance | 125| | | 260308 |160026 |ZAMUAT2|ifpollq... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp56825
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a header to a sort file instruction

Hello, I have a header which I have to add to a sorted file, however if I use cat header sortedfile > newfile, the operation takes 2 minutes as the sorted file is over 400mb. I have noticed that when I sort the 400mb unsorted file, this only takes 14 seconds to create the output. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clarcombe
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash ps; remove the header, sort and reinsert

Hi, I'm ssh'ing into a server using ruby and sending a one-liner to retrieve the output of the 'ps aux' command. So far, this is what I have: ps aux | sort -r -n -k3 | sed -e '1s/^/this is first\n/' | head -n10 With this I can insert a line at position 1, but I would rather extract the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gekeha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix sort according to a header line

Hi, I have a file with a header line, followed by some contents. How can I sort the file according to header lines? eg. /* abcd_005*/ a bc /* abcd_001*/ d e /* abcd_002*/ x y desired output: /*abcd_001*/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.0412
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a report file having header and footer

I am having report file with header and footer . The details in between header and footer are separated by a pipe charater. I want to sort the file by considering multiple columns in between header and footer. pls help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort a tab file with header.

How to sort a tab delimited file first on col1 and then on col2. Also I need to keep the header intact. file.txt val1 val2 val3 val4 a b c d m n o p e f g h i j k l ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary271
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort a las file keep the header as it is

I have several las files with a header and each file start Version and text and before the data starts end up with ~Ascii, then the numbers starts: ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Code: ~Version .....text.... ~Ascii 2 abc 230 1 name 1 abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tk2000
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort a las file keep the header as it is

I have several las files with a header and each file start Version and text and before the data starts end up with ~Ascii, then the numbers starts: ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~Version .....text.... ~Ascii 2 abc 230 1 name 1 abc 400 1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk2000
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Split file with header and custom name

Hi, I am using SUN SOLARIS (SunOS sun4v sparc SUNW, T5240). I have a huge data file with header and trailer. This file gets used into an ETL process. ETL skips the header record (which is the first record of the file) and loads the rest of the record. The file can be delimited (comma,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort without Header and Trailer

Hi , My UNIX system is SUN Solaris. I am trying to do a simple thing as described below. I have a PIPE delimited file that has header and trailer. So the file is something like below: Test1.txt looks like something below: field_data1|field_data2|and some more data --Header ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)