Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interpreting xntpdc output.
Operating Systems Solaris Interpreting xntpdc output. Post 302424824 by verdepollo on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 11:03:59 AM
Old 05-26-2010
From an AIX xntpdc manpage (should be the same in Solaris):

Code:
The character in the left margin indicates the mode this peer entry is in:

+
    symmetric active. 
-
    symmetric passive. 
=
    remote server polled in client mode. 
^
    server is broadcasting to this address. 
~
    remote peer is sending broadcasts. 
    marks the peer the server is currently synchronizing to.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can not find localhost in xntpdc

When I run "xntpdc" I get an error saying "can not find local host". If I run a "host <hostname>" and exit "xntpdc", upon returning to "xntpdc" the program gives me the same error. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahnathan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xntpdc Error - Help!!!!!

When I try to open XNTPDC (NTP Debug tool) I get an error. Can not find localhost. If I set the local host using the localhost <hostname> command and exit the program it doesn't stick. As soon as I come back into the program I get the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahnathan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shellscript Interpreting

I am trying to interpret the following shellscript and am having a very difficult time. Could one of you Unix gurus pleasssseeee help me out? You just won't know how much of a life saver you would be for me. PN=`basename "$0"` # Program name VER=`echo '$Revision: 1.2 $' | cut -d' ' -f2` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ann
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstats interpreting

We are having performance issues on an alpha4100 server. I can't paste a snapshot of my vmstat in here, but... We have 4gb of memory. The actual memory stays consistant around 306k. Free is dropping into the 120 area. Wire is around 206k consistantly. consistantly. My manual says that unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpreting java output stream as system commands in Solaris

Hi there again, Running Solaris 10 with built-in Java. Seems to compile and run fine. Problem is: Say I want to see contents of current directory. In a shell, I'd just write "ls" and it outputs the content. When I write a Java file, I have the following line: System.out.println("ls"); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

interpreting netstat output

hi all, when I run- wcars1j5#netstat -an | grep 8090 127.0.0.1.8090 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN wcars1j5# 1. does this mean that no one is connected to this port? Regards, akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpreting prtdiag output - 2 or 4 CPUs?

I am having trouble figuring this one out.....Is this a 2CPU or a 4CPU v490 with 16GB? I think it is a 2CPU system, looking for confirmation. $ prtdiag System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire V490 System clock frequency: 150 MHz Memory size: 16384 Megabytes ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: config_boy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help interpreting a function

Hi, i was reading through a sample coding and came across this function, can anyone pls help to interpret the code for me. Thank alot find_lines() { res=-1 if ; then grep -i "$@" $FILENAME res=$? fi return $res } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheranime
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Interpreting Linux's free command output

I have two questions on Linux's free command. Below, I have provided output from my home laptop (fedora 26 ) which has 16GB Physical RAM and a production server (RHEL 7.4) which has 24GB RAM. Question1. What exactly does the buffer/cache column say in free command's output ? buffer/cache is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
9 Replies
SSL_get_peer_certificate(3)					      OpenSSL					       SSL_get_peer_certificate(3)

NAME
SSL_get_peer_certificate - get the X509 certificate of the peer SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> X509 *SSL_get_peer_certificate(SSL *ssl); DESCRIPTION
SSL_get_peer_certificate() returns a pointer to the X509 certificate the peer presented. If the peer did not present a certificate, NULL is returned. NOTES
Due to the protocol definition, a TLS/SSL server will always send a certificate, if present. A client will only send a certificate when explicitly requested to do so by the server (see SSL_CTX_set_verify(3)). If an anonymous cipher is used, no certificates are sent. That a certificate is returned does not indicate information about the verification state, use SSL_get_verify_result(3) to check the veri- fication state. The reference count of the X509 object is incremented by one, so that it will not be destroyed when the session containing the peer cer- tificate is freed. The X509 object must be explicitly freed using X509_free(). RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL No certificate was presented by the peer or no connection was established. Pointer to an X509 certificate The return value points to the certificate presented by the peer. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_verify_result(3), SSL_CTX_set_verify(3) 0.9.7a 2001-09-07 SSL_get_peer_certificate(3)