Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: boot server / install server
Operating Systems Solaris boot server / install server Post 302423868 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 23rd of May 2010 02:22:56 AM
Old 05-23-2010
you can only boot solaris with jumpstart... is the bios update tool runable on solaris?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

server will not boot

Just got a new sun fire v440 server, try to boot server but server will not boot, got the following error message. "the file just loaded does not appear to be excutedable" boot: cannot open /kernel/sparcv9/unix Enter filename /kernel/sparcv9/unix I thought maybe server is not pre install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
3 Replies

2. AIX

server won't boot

Hi all , i was trying to upgrade firmware on machine 7028-6E4 and it failed . Now machine does not boot anymore , i can not get SMC menu either ... What are my options ? Thanks, Rahim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahim
1 Replies

3. Solaris

making a boot server

I'm trying to make a boot server so I can net boot another machine that doesnt have a cdrom. I want to boot this machine so i can go in and erase the (unknown to us) root password. on solaris 9, i ran setup_install_server -b /export/install I entered the clients machines mac address and ip in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Boot server for solaris 10

Can any one give me the steps to configure a temporary boot server .. so that i can boot one of my failing server which does not have cdrom . I do not want to configure full fledge jumpstart box .. i need it just for recovery purpose. And i want to set it up in one of my other servers .. which... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
10 Replies

5. Solaris

configuring boot server

Hi experts, I want to configure a boot server, tried googling for some document for steps and all leads to JumpStart server. Any help with be much appreciated Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. HP-UX

boot server - sudo

I administer several very old HP 9000 servers that originally were running hp ux 9.04 and are currently at 10.20 with no hope of going to 11.x. My original task was to access the servers remotely via a mech id and with sudo abilities, boot the server. I discovered sudo was not on the servers which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux_lou
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

pxe boot server

Hi Hoping someone can help ove setup a pxe/dhcp boot server for auto installs on centos My server seems to be providing dhcp fine but the installation fails to progress when it reaches the pxe boot menu. I make my selection and nothing happens. I am serving the media via http from the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Server Hangs at boot

Hi Guys, I have a SunBlade 1500 which I use to practice at home. Suddenly when I power on the server it just displays the solaris banner and Boot device: disk File and args: Then it stops and says " rebooting with command: boot" It doesn't boot to the kernel. Is there anyway I can possibly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Moving boot SSD from a dead server to a new server

Hi all, We have a disk array that has the boot drive on an OCZ SSD on a PCIe card. Well, the motherboard died and we got a new motherboard. We moved the controllers, NICs, etc, to the exact same slots on the new motherboard, except now it won't boot. I guess it doesn't recognize the OS on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glowe57
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)