Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What's wrong with my script .... Post 302423526 by curleb on Friday 21st of May 2010 08:30:46 AM
Old 05-21-2010
I'm not sure what you mean by grep complete line...? Looks like you're just grabbing any line in any file in that directory that contains "Start", and then counting only those that also contain "correcting"...

I would suggest maybe the following if you're looking for a more compact approach:
Code:
typeset -i STRING=$(find $ACULOG -name "*" |xargs grep -i "Start" |grep -c "correcting" )

Otherwise, if you mean to return the entire line, then you'd want to just stop counting:
Code:
COMP_LINE=$(find $ACULOG -name "*" |xargs grep -i "Start" |grep -i "correcting" )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong with my script?

Hey guys, can someone help me with this script... #!/bin/sh dir=`pwd` for i in *.f do if then M=`wc -l < ${i} sed -e 's://.*::' < ${i} | \ (echo "//${i} -"$M ; cat - ) > $i.tmp chmod 700 $i ; mv ${i}.tmp $i ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem2003
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with this script?

I keep getting errors messages for the "else" statement at line 81? #!/bin/ksh ######### Environment Setup ######### PATH=/gers/nurev/menu/pub/sbin:/gers/nurev/menu/pub/bin:/gers/nurev/menu/pub/mac :/gers/nurev/menu/adm/sbin:/gers/nurev/menu/adm/bin:/gers/nurev/menu/adm/mac:/ge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this script

I am trying to create a script but it is giving me errors on Cygwin for the following script. Could someone tell me, what am I doing wrong? choice=1000 echo "choice is $choice" while ; do echo "choice is $choice" echo 'Please select your option:' echo '1. Option 1' echo '2. Option 2'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitg1980
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this script?

Hi, I have this example script which gives error ": unexpected operator/operand". I need the '' brackets for operator precedence. #!/bin/ksh x="abc" y="xyz" z="123" if -a then print "yes" else print "no" fi Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs1969
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this script?

Hi I've made a short script but it is not working. Can some pl. help me out in this? ./123.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh # for changing to this directory cd /layered/relational/scripts When I run the above scripts, it doesn't change to the above directory. I don't what is the problem? the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Gone Wrong

Hello all, so this is a script i did for an assignement, - first option greets the user according to the time after fetching his name - second options isn't implemented - third check the performance according to how many users are using the system - creates a log of names, time and ip of the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibzee33
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong on this script?

I get this error on these lines when i run this script:"for i in /home;do file2=`ls -s $i` if ;then ls - s $i fi done (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my script

Hi... I am fed up in file handing with array for comparing.... 1st I want save first 2 columns of file 1 I tried like this,, {getline< "file1";ln=$1; lt=$2}then I read second file's 1st and 2nd column..and saved like this and small calculation and initialization var1 =$1 var2 =$2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my script?

Dear All The following is part of my script: echo ${myarray} mytitle=`awk '{print substr(${myarray}, 0, length(${myarray})-4)}' /dev/null` the echo ${myarray} works fine; however, I keep getting following error for the mytitle=.. part: awk: line 1: syntax error at or near { awk: line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD