Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute unix shell script to text file using the script Post 302423454 by ungalnanban on Friday 21st of May 2010 05:16:36 AM
Old 05-21-2010
MySQL

use the following code in your script. it will create a file
Code:
>text.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a .sql file with shell script

hi everybody... can anyone help me in executing the .sql file with shell scripting.... thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abuanas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute .dat file from a shell script

Hi, I have a .dat file in my home directory of UNIX. I want this file to be executed by a shell script. Please help me out a.s.a.p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user9526
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a unix shell script from a java program

Hi All, well , i am facing this problem.. i have tried a few sample codes but there isn't any solution . could anyone please give a sample code as of how to do this... Please see the below details...and read the details carefully. I have written some code, logic is 1)from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows? I having a shell script in my unix machine, need to execute the script remotely from my windows machine using Visual Basic or VBA macros. Thanks In Advance. --Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write text file data to excel using UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I have the requirement in unix shell script. I want to write the "ls -ltr" command out put to excel file as below. Input :text file data : drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x 2 apx aim 4096 Nov 29 18:40 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX server from Cygwin

Hi All, We have shell scripts in UNIX ( Sun OS ) server. Also in my windows machine i have Cygwin installed. Now is there a way to execute Shell script available in UNIX server from Cygwin? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX m/c from win 7 using ksh

I need to run a shell script on unix machine from windows 7. I used the "RSH" command in win XP successfully for this, But on win 7 it is not working. Can any body tell me how to run RSH on win 7 or any other command for similar use. I use the command as below rsh <unix m/c> -l <username>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arup1980
1 Replies
trcs(1) 							   User Manuals 							   trcs(1)

NAME
trcs - convert text files from one codeset to other SYNOPSIS
trcs -C | -l | -h trcs [-s] [-f input-codeset ] [-t output-codeset ] [ file ]... DESCRIPTION
trcs is a program for translation of text files from one codeset to other. When exact translation is impossible it tries to make approxi- mations. For example pseudographic characters are approximated by ASCII characters in codesets that have no pseudographic characters and characters with diacritical marks are approximated by existing characters. If the option -s or --gen-script is given trcs will generate simple script that invokes tr(1) This is useful if you want to include this in your script or for faster conversion of many files. If none of -C, -s, -l, -h and their equivalents is given each file will be read assuming it is coded with codeset input-codeset On standard output it will be recoded so to use codeset output-codeset If there is no file given trcs will act as filter. Both input-codeset and out- put-codeset are case insensitive and default to `cp1251'. OPTIONS
-C, --copyright Display copying conditions and warranty information. -s, --gen-script Generates conversion script for given input and output encodings instead to convert text files. -l, --list List all known codesets with their aliases. -h, --help Display this help and exit. -f input-codeset, --from[=]input-codeset Codeset of the source. -f output-codeset, --to[=]output-codeset Codeset of the output. EXAMPLES
trcs -fcyrillic -t koi8-r letter.txt Convert letter.txt from ISO-8859-5 (cyrillic) to KOI8-R and output the result on standard output. trcs --from cp437 --to=mik --gen-script >ibm2mik Generates script ibm2mik for converting from CP437 to MIK. sh ibm2mik screen.txt Convert screen.txt from CP437 to MIK. Output the result on standard output. Without parameters ibm2mik acts as filter. AUTHOR
Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>, <zinoviev@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> SEE ALSO
tr(1) Linux JUN 2000 trcs(1)