Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Can't update or use package manager -- gpg error Post 302421772 by celldweller1591 on Sunday 16th of May 2010 04:06:45 AM
Old 05-16-2010
try Ubuntu tweak and from there, manage your software sources. Its easy and effective

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Package Manager problem

i'm trying to run Patch Manager, but i'm getting the following problem when i try and run "pprosvc" with either the -l, -d, or -i options. Assessing patches needed for your system...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Software Package Manager

Hi there, maybe one of you knows the software package tool during the installation of solaris 10. You are able to choose an installtion and customize it with pressing F4 .... a very nice list occurs where you can select packages like apache, ssh and so on ... Is it possible to start this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drexler76
0 Replies

3. Debian

apt-get package manager capability

Hi List, Recently I was doing some toubleshooting installing a package on a Redhat 6 machine using the the installer script which came with that package and I got an error message telling me that a file was missing indicating that I had to google for the dependancies and install them before this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install from synaptic package manager

i am not able to install anything from package manager . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which Package Manager?

I came across a number of apparent tarballs of OS packages which are in a format which I do not recognize. Does anybody know which packet manager uses this format? # ls pkg_cfiles pkg_data pkg_data32 pkg_data64 pkg_info pkg_scripts pkg_signature # cat pkg_info PACKAGE=8.2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpmurphy
3 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)