Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem iterating through PATH entries with spaces Post 302421574 by pseudocoder on Friday 14th of May 2010 07:44:40 PM
Old 05-14-2010
Code:
$ echo ":/c/Program Files/Windows Imaging/:/c/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/bin" | tr ":" "\n" | sed '/^$/d' | while read line; do
> echo "$line"
> done
/c/Program Files/Windows Imaging/
/c/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/bin
$

Please let me know if this would have worked for you?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc path problem - no acceptable path found

Hello everyone, I'm a unix noob. I have a powerbook running mac os x 10.4 and for one of my classes I need to install the latest version of php (5.0.5). I'm following the instructions at http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/php.html to install but I've run into a problem. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kendokendokendo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with spaces in directory path

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement. cat /usdd/Sample/"NDDF Plus DB"/"NDDF Descriptive and Pricing"/"NDDF BASICS 3.0"/"Pricing"/1.txt | sed 's/*|*/|/g' | sed 's/^*//'| sed 's/^*//; s/*$//' > temp.txt In unix prompt the above command is reading the file 1.txt and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem iterating in while loop

I am facing a problem in replacing the file contents by iterating through the list. My present code: Code: #!/bin/bash# TFILE="/tmp/vinay/testb_1.txt" while read linedo aline="$line" echo $aline code=`echo $aline|cut -d ',' -f1` country=`echo $aline|cut -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterating over results from sqlplus

hi all, i am writing a ksh script, i am logging into an oracle db via sqlplus and running a select statement but i dont know how i can store the results from the sql so i can iterate over it and do more operations over it. I dont want to write a stored procedure with a cursor since i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with spaces in filename

I have written a script to run ddrescue on a list of files. #!/bin/bash # # A script to rescue data recursively using ddrescue. srcDir=/damaged/hdd/movies/ #the source directory desDir=/new/hdd/movies/ #the destination directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colsinc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with spaces in the path

Hi all, I have a variable test has the following value assigned.. could you please help on doing cd or ls to the value in the varible ... $echo $test /bdm/sdd/compounds/AD4833XT/requests/clin/Watson_20090420/docs/MHRA\ Comments\ \&\ Responses $cd $test ksh: cd: bad argument count $cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conduct a search or test -f over a path with spaces

I am organizing my music library on a NAS server. I want to print a list of all the directories that are missing the cover art (at least one or more jpeg file). I have successfully created a file with each line containing the path to each occurance of one or more .mp3 files. That path is also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: godfreydanials
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set problem with spaces

#### ~]$ set "hello 'cat dog walk' money elephat" #### ~]$ echo $* | awk '{print $2}' 'cat why is the second command above showing only "'cat ? shouldn't the output be: 'cat dog walk' how can i fix this so it gives me the chosen column in its entirety? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script not parsing file with spaces in path

Hi everyone, I'm trying to write my first ever shell script, the OS is Raspbian. The code I have written must be executed whenever a certain database has been modified. The database resides on a Windows server to which I have a mount point, and I have no control over the Windows server at all so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjws
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Proper way to use a path with spaces in the directory name

I am using the below bash loop: or f in /media/cmccabe/My Book Western Digital/10_29and30_2015/*.bam ; do bname=`basename $f` pref=${bname%%.bam} samtools view -H $f | sed '/^@PG/d' | samtools reheader - $f > /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/${pref}_newheader.bam done is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)