Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can we use a solaris box as a web server? Post 302421398 by jld on Friday 14th of May 2010 08:57:34 AM
Old 05-14-2010
Yes you can use solaris as an webserver. You could use it with apache standard.

Code:
svcs -a |grep apa
svcadm enable svc:/network/http:apache2

or via legacy run

/etc/init.d/apache start

But you can search google there is lots of information available about this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info Needed in Seting up An apache Web Server on A Sun Sparc with Solaris 8

I need help in the form of the complete procedures necessary in setting up an Apache web server on a Sun Sparc running Solaris 8 David Johnston P.S New to the Unix arena (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: David Johnston
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i'm pulling my hair out getting a solaris 8 box to work as a caching name server

i've gone through the sun docs as well as a Solaris Network Admin book. while the book is fair, it lacks detail and i'm sure there are things it's missing on getting a caching only name server working. as for the sun docs... what it has is really miserable. i can't make anything out of it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 7 & 9, Iplannet 4.1 and Sun One Web Server 6.1

Hey all, I was wondering whether anyone could give me any tips. I'm a total newcomer when it comes to Solaris and i need to dothe following: Current System: Solaris 7 running IPlannet 4.1: Upgrade (Preserving current data) to: Solaris 9 running Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 Has anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJD
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 & 9, Iplannet 4.1 and Sun ONE web server 6.1

Hey all, I was wondering whether anyone could give me any tips. I'm a total newcomer when it comes to Solaris and i need to dothe following: Current System: Solaris 7 running IPlannet 4.1: Upgrade (Preserving current data) to: Solaris 9 running Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 Has anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AJD
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VPN client (windows Box),and Server (Unix Box)

If I want to access unix box via VPN tunnel,from windows box. What sould I configure on the windows client PC, and what should I enable on the Unix Server box ? I am using Solaris V10 intel platform, and I am using windows XP, and 2003 for client (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zillah
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a file from win3k server on to my solaris 9 box

Hey guys, Please don't lynch me for asking this question but I'm trying to get a file from a windows 2k3 server and store it on one of my Solaris 9 machines (automated in cron or something weekly) so I can then store it to tape. I'm just trying to think of the best way to get the file and I'm... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 9 Web Start Upgrade using -nowin - still complains about X server

Hi there. I'm trying to upgrade a Sun Blade 100 to Solaris 9. I downloaded and burned the install, disc 1, disc 2 and tools CDs from Sun. I turned off auto-boot, put in the CD and enter the following: # boot cdrom -nowin The cdrom boot starts, and I get prompted to choose a language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calenti
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris box to AD,Exchange server 2003

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I am trying to add a solaris box to server 2003, it is an active directory and exchange server. I have succeeded in adding it to network in general -- meaning I can access the server and xp files over the network. But what I want to do is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sofakingjewish
3 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

SQL Server import csv or txt on a Solaris box

New to using sql server and unix, but say I have here /home/foo/file.txt Can I use some kind of process to push that .txt into a sql server? Or Is there a sql server utility that can be configured to find a unix box and go into /home/foo/file.txt and slurp it up:) Or is there any PC and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)