Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to make AWK process an input file many many times? Post 302421303 by kevintse on Friday 14th of May 2010 04:16:10 AM
Old 05-14-2010
OK.
Here's an example: I have a file that has 30 records. for the first time this file is processed, I will do "group by" for the records, it might remain only 10 records after that, and I will save the 10 records to an array. And then I want to process the original file(30 records) 10 times (once for each record that was saved in the first processing, each record is something like a parameter here.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make my command work at all times

hi all, This is a very basic question. I want to make the command work at all times. i'm working on Suse-Linux and "clear" command is used to clear the contents of screen. I want to use only "cls" instead of "clear" command. i tried alias cls=clear , but its working only for a temporary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxwidgets
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can process substitution be used as an input file to another program?

Hey, I was trying to figure out how to launch a program from the command line, and it works if you pass it a config file. I was thinking about writing a script to dynamically create the config file and pass it to the command using something like command substitution (so I don't actually have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bj0
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make 1 new file using records of 5 input files

can you make me an awk script that will: read the 1st record from each input file, file1 file2 file3 file4 and file5 and write them to file6. then..... read the 2nd record from each input file, file1 file2 file3 file4 and file5 and append them to file6. then..... read the 3rd record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the parent process to wait for the child process

Hi All, I have two ksh script. 1st script calls the 2nd script and the second script calls an 'C' program. I want 1st script to wait until the 'C' program completes. I cant able to get the process id for the 'C' program (child process) to make the 1st script to wait for the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sennidurai
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the input from a file in background process?

Hi I have a script to run some other scripts automatically. But while running the script it should take the input value from a text file instead of taking from the keyboard. Please find last two lines of the script below. Here ans should be taken from a text file ineerly without displaying this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shirdi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file several times with awk

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it's possible to read a file ("file2" in my example) more than once. In this example I want to print file2 entirely for each lines of file1: awk -F$'\t' '{ print $0 while ((getline < "file2") > 0) { print "\t"$0 } }' file1 It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthony.cros
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

make loop from input file

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt PP97 PP66 PP87 PP66 PP47 PP57 PP44 PP20 PP66 PP16 PP13 PP51 PP68 PP70 PP75 PP30 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check same process running 10 times?

At run time Without knowing job name how to check the job running in specific user "ABCD" ,If the running job duplicate more then 10 then script it self send alert message to the users with the process ID name so that will kill the processed to avoid hung issue ,tried below script please check and... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
15 Replies
Net::DNS::RR::LP(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::DNS::RR::LP(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::RR::LP - DNS LP resource record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS; $rr = new Net::DNS::RR('name IN LP preference locator'); $rr = new Net::DNS::RR( name => 'example.com', type => 'LP', preference => 10, locator => 'locator.example.com' ); DESCRIPTION
Class for DNS Locator Pointer (LP) resource records. The LP DNS resource record (RR) is used to hold the name of a subnetwork for ILNP. The name is an FQDN which can then be used to look up L32 or L64 records. LP is, effectively, a Locator Pointer to L32 and/or L64 records. METHODS
The available methods are those inherited from the base class augmented by the type-specific methods defined in this package. Use of undocumented package features or direct access to internal data structures is discouraged and could result in program termination or other unpredictable behaviour. preference $preference = $rr->preference; A 16 bit unsigned integer in network byte order that indicates the relative preference for this LP record among other LP records associated with this owner name. Lower values are preferred over higher values. locator $locator = $rr->locator; The Locator field contains the DNS target name that is used to reference L32 and/or L64 records. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2012 Dick Franks. Package template (c)2009,2012 O.M.Kolkman and R.W.Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::RR, RFC6742 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::RR::LP(3)