Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp Post 302421265 by arunkumarmc on Friday 14th of May 2010 02:13:42 AM
Old 05-14-2010
preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi,

I need to copy few files from remote server to local server.
I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed.

Code:

ftp -nvi svag1017 << EOD
user username passwd
bin
cd /users/users-03/p494856/learning
mget file1 file2 file3 
close
bye
EOD

when i run this, all the files are copied to the local server but the timestamp shows the time, when these files were copied. But i need these files with the timestamp same as in the remote server.

Could someone help me to solve this?

Regards
Arun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dowloading a File from FTP Server to a local Server where User Id's are different

Hi, The Setup is like this. I'm connecting to Unix machine from my local machine. After connecting to Unix M/c, i need to connect FTP server. Am successful in connecting to FTP server, but am not able to download the file from the ftp server to my local machine. I have different user id's and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjith_taurean
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a script runned in local server access remote server?

Hi, Im creating a script that is supposed to run commands on remote server using sftp. My script is as below: #!/bin/ksh sftp remote_server mypassword cd /u08/mydir/allfiles mget * .. But this is what I got when I runned the script: Connecting to remote server...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to copy a file from remote server and preserve timestamp

Hi How to copy a file from remote server and preserve timestamp. Please not, i have to pass username and password to connect to the remote server in the shell script. Can this be achieved with simple ftp ? are there any options in ftp ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar75
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files copied from remote server

There is a process which copy files form unix a to unix b I would like to check whether all files copied from a to b or not ,and list which are the missing files. Is there a command to check like that (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file in remote server from local server?

hi, can anyone tell me how can i store the names of a file that are in remote server to a file and then get the file that contains the name in local server? there is a remote server where 5 files are present , say a.txt b.txt c.txt d.txt e.txt i want to write a script in my local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X