Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to install RHEL4 OR 5
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to install RHEL4 OR 5 Post 302420777 by mark54g on Wednesday 12th of May 2010 11:33:48 AM
Old 05-12-2010
I do not believe you need the drivers for the device for RHEL5. We are using RHEL5 with the same controller and do not need the drivers. Also, if you are using a RAID array, you will not have a defined /dev/sdb. You will have a /dev/cciss0.

Try to install RHEL5 without any special machinations.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install Vim on unixware

I tried to install Vim running configure script but it gives me error:UX:sh (./configure): ERROR: auto/configure: Cannot executeHere is configure script:/home/tom/vim70/src$cat configure #! /bin/sh # run the automatically generated configure script CONFIG_STATUS=auto/config.status \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nervous
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to install the Network Card

Hi, After I installed Solaris 10 in the Intel platform (chipset 865*) network card was not detected, were shall I get this driver? iam new to Solaris. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravin_2929
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unable to install SSH

Hello!! I have an HP-UX 11.23 box. I downloaded an SSH depot file form HP website. Using SAM, I tried to install the depot file. However, SAM declared "it cannot find any compatible depot file to install". Due to that, I tried using command line 'swinstall' just like HP tutorial taught me.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jembalang
8 Replies

4. Ubuntu

unable to install package on Ubuntu

Hi all, I am working on Ubuntu 7.10 and I want to install libssl-dev_0.9.8a-7ubuntu0.13_i386.deb. So tryied it with apt-get command but getting the following error-- Then I downloaded .deb file and attempt to install it with package installer but again unable to install it and getting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unable to install OpenBSD 4.9

I'm unable to install OpenBSD 4.9 boot disk after having burnt the "install49.iso" file. On boot, it says: "CD-ROM : 90 Loading OpenBSD/4.9/i386 CDBOOT" and keeps repeating these two lines. Any solutions? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ihavequestions
1 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to install gcc in AIX 5.3

Hello... I have downloaded RPM for gcc in a directly where I tried installing using rpm but it says the following /oracle/dB>rpm -iv gcc-4.2.0-3.aix5.3.ppc.rpm failed to open /var/opt/freeware/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: Permission denied error: cannot open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install Websphere on Linux

Hi, While installing i get the below error. Below is output of ./launchpad.sh $ ./launchpad.sh cp: cannot stat `/opt/app/mybank/launchpad/lib': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat `/opt/app/mybank/launchpad/../jre': No such file or directory /usr/bin/less ++ cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install sybase on RHEL 5

Hello Friends, I am trying to install ASE 15.7 on RHEL 5 through VMWARE. I added the user sybase, group sybase and followed the initial checks However while trying to run the "./setup" file from the sybase user account, I get the below error: -bash : ./setup Permission Denied I have created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay_poojary83
3 Replies
ATARAID(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ATARAID(4)

NAME
ataraid -- ATA software RAID support SYNOPSIS
device ata device ataraid DESCRIPTION
The ataraid driver provides support for so-called software RAID (sometimes referred to as fake RAID or pseudo RAID). When a controller that supports software RAID is instructed to create a RAID array, its BIOS writes data structures in a specific metadata format to the disks. These data structures are picked up by the ataraid driver, so that FreeBSD can work with the array. The ataraid driver has to understand the specific metadata format of a controller BIOS in order to support its RAID capabilities. Read-only support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Creation and rebuild of such arrays has to be done from the controller BIOS. Read and write support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Additionally, the atacontrol(8) utility can be used to create, rebuild, update and fail such RAID arrays. The ataraid driver can read the following metadata formats: o Adaptec HostRAID o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Highpoint V3 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o Integrated Technology Express (ITE) o JMicron o LSI Logic V2 MegaRAID o LSI Logic V3 MegaRAID o NVIDIA MediaShield o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Image Medley o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID The ataraid driver can write the following metadata formats: o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o JMicron o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID It is also possible to use software RAID on controllers that do not have special software RAID capabilities. See atacontrol(8) for details. FILES
/dev/ar* ATA RAID device nodes SEE ALSO
ata(4), atacontrol(8) CAVEATS
RAID5 is not supported at this time. Code exists, but it neither uses nor maintains parity information. AUTHORS
The ataraid driver was written by Soren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
February 17, 2006 BSD