Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat controlling tool running on Linux VM fron Windows Post 302420342 by pludi on Tuesday 11th of May 2010 10:50:51 AM
Old 05-11-2010
Download PuTTY, Plink, PSCP, and PuTTYgen. Use PuTTYgen to generate a public key pair. Use PSCP to copy the files to and from the Linux machine. Use Plink to start the tool on the Linux machine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Running MS-windows GUI from unix/linux

Hi i need some help , i would like to run a GUI application on windows from unix i dont need to see the gui just to activate it from remote . it shoud be from CLI on the unix . thanks GUY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koreng
1 Replies

2. Linux

Running Linux File Manager on Windows XP

OK: apologies (well) in advance if this is as stupid a question as it gets. I need to change the 'owner' on certain files and folders within my Linux web hosting account. Unfortunately I use Windows XP and now need some kind of Windows application that can open a window within XP that lets me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boa Prinz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for administration tool to check if services are running

Hi! We are having problems with our unix servers (SunOS 5.9) that services for some of our applications are continuously going down. (this is more due to the applications installed than the UNIX OS). What I am looking for is some kind of administrative tool where I can set what service to scan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erinor
1 Replies

4. Linux

Running Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS?

I'd like to know if it's possible to run Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS similar to how you can run Linux in Windows, rather than dual-booting them both. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want to do some serious parallel computing which Windows isn't even capable of at the moment... But I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heliotos
6 Replies

5. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

controlling traffic source from NIC eth0, eth1 in Linux

Hi Guys, is there a way to send traffic coming from the source iface (eth0, eth1)? i need to test traffic that will come from both eth0 and eth1 from a Linux box. Thanks, Martin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Controlling AIX processes remotely using a NET app on a Windows server?

I have a .NET application that remotely starts, stops, and gets status of Windows services and scheduled tasks. I would like to add the capability of starting, stopping, and getting status of remote AIX applications also. Based on some preliminary research, one option may be to use 3rd party .NET... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: auser1
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Linux Script from Windows

forgive me if i am posting this question in wrong forum. I have a rsync script that runs on one server for rsync with another server (both linux) . Now I want to get control of that script from my windows 7 machine. Means I want to run that script from my windows machine whenever i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HarryReid
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sys headers - running Linux C code on windows

Hi All, I wanted to run a small socket application written in C on windows. The code was written for GNU/linux..the compiler on windows CodeBlocks complains about the sys headers. is there an equivalent for windows ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

RHEL Linux process activity monitoring tool from windows 7 system

I have 2 RHEL 5.9 system where customized applications are running. These 2 servers are with in a network (LAN) with each other.One application in say Server 1 can talk to another application in server 2 and vice versa. The applications are exchanging data among each other. Recently I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
0 Replies
JIGDO-MIRROR(1) 														   JIGDO-MIRROR(1)

NAME
jigdo-mirror - Maintain a mirror of images offered with jigdo SYNOPSIS
jigdo-mirror [ config-file ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. jigdo-mirror is a script intended for people who want to offer direct HTTP or FTP downloads of files for which only the jigdo and template files are available. As the first step of using jigdo-mirror, you need to set up normal HTTP/FTP/rsync mirroring both of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and of the parts that are needed for the reconstruction of the images. For example, in the case that you want to mirror Debian CD images with jigdo-mirror, you need a mirror of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and a Debian mirror on the local machine. At regular intervals (preferably immediately after the normal mirroring has finished), schedule a run of jigdo-mirror. It will search through a given directory for any `.jigdo' files and attempt to create all images offered by each file. The script requires you to set a number of variables - please refer to the start of /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror for a description of each of them. Since /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror will be overwritten whenever you upgrade jigdo-mirror, it is highly recommended not to change the set- tings directly in this script. Instead, personal settings should be saved in a file called .jigdo-mirror in your home directory, or in a different file whose name is then passed to the script as its first (and only) command line argument. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-lite(1) CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-MIRROR(1)