Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris May i know the day to day activities of a Solaris system administrator? Post 302420163 by scorpionzoe on Monday 10th of May 2010 11:13:08 PM
Old 05-11-2010
Lightbulb Docs

The links for docs that you provided are for Solaris 8, there are some chapter that are missing in Solaris 10 manuals which are very useful like cache file sys ...etc enjoy, but if big admin at Sun is a best place for docs

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to get day from the current system date

Hi, I want to check what day is today (like mon,Tue,wed) When i checked the syntax, i dont see there is a format specifier for getting the day. Let me know how to get the same. I am very new to unix and so I am asking some basic questions. cheers, gops (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopskrish
2 Replies

3. Solaris

/var size is increasing day by day

Hi experts, I am facing a big problem. i use solaris 9. i found size of /var is increasing day by. snapshot of a yester moring- /dev/vx/dsk/var 15G 14G 1.1G 94% /var snapshot of a yesterday everning- /dev/vx/dsk/var 15G 14G 824M 95% /var I am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code creates day 32 instead of 1st day of next month.

I am using the code below modified from a post I saw here regarding having the script write out future dates. The problem is that instead of making 8/1 it makes 7/32! Please help! yy=`date +%Y` mm=`date +%m` dd=`date +%d` echo "Today is : $yy $mm $dd" #!/usr/bin/ksh date '+%m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if last modified day is previous day

Hi, I would like to write a script that checks if a file ('counter') was modified the previous day, if so erase its contents and write 00000000 into it. For e.g. if the file 'counter' was last modified at 11.30pm on 24th May and the script runs at 12.15am of 25th May, it should erase it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdepras
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian day to dates in YEAR-MONTH-DAY

hello, I have many files called day001, day002, day003 and I want to rename them by day20070101, day20070102, etc. I need to do it for several years and leap years as well. What is the best way to do it ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ggg
1 Replies
Exacct::Object::Item(3PERL)				      Perl Library Functions				       Exacct::Object::Item(3PERL)

NAME
Exacct::Object::Item - exacct item manipulation SYNOPSIS
use Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object; my $ea_item = Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object::Item->new( &EXT_UINT64 | &EXC_DEFAULT | &EXD_PROC_PID, $$); DESCRIPTION
This module is used for manipulating libexacct(3LIB) data Items. A libexacct Item is represented as an opaque reference blessed into the Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object::Item class, which is a subclass of the Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object class. The underlying libexacct data types are mapped onto Perl types as follows: libexacct type Perl internal type EXT_UINT8 IV (integer) EXT_UINT16 IV (integer) EXT_UINT32 IV (integer) EXT_UINT64 IV (integer) EXT_DOUBLE NV (double) EXT_STRING PV (string) EXT_RAW PV (string) EXT_EXACCT_OBJECT Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object subclass Constants None. Functions None. Class methods Class methods include those inherited from the Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object base class, plus the following: new($catalog, $value) This method creates and returns a new Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object::Item. The catalog tag can be either an integer or a Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Catalog. This catalog tag controls the conversion of the Perl value to the corresponding Perl exacct data type as described in the table above. If the catalog tag has a type field of EXT_EXACCT_OBJECT, the value must be a reference to either an Item or a Group object and the passed object is recursively copied and stored inside the new Item. Because the returned Item is constant, it is impossible, for example, to create an Item representing CPU seconds and subsequently modify its value or change its catalog value. This behavior is intended to prevent mismatches between the catalog tag and the data value. Object methods Object methods are those inherited from the Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object. Exports None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpl5u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Exacct(3PERL), Exacct::Catalog(3PERL), Exacct::File(3PERL), Exacct::Object(3PERL), Exacct::Object::Group(3PERL), libexacct(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Dec 2002 Exacct::Object::Item(3PERL)