Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Show progress in console application Post 302419960 by msaqib on Monday 10th of May 2010 07:54:20 AM
Old 05-10-2010
Awesome! Thanks pludi. I think that is what would work. I'll try it out as soon as my current simulation thread stops.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show progress bar for a running process

Hi, I have 2 shell scripts ,one for taking hot backup of oracle Database while other is for progress bar. But I don't have an idea hoe should I incorporate the shell script of progress bar in my hot backup code . Please help. My shell script for hot backup is as below: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
0 Replies

2. Debian

Why our application can't show the BarCode Font?

We use the debian 4.0 Linux with the wine 1.0. When we run our application on this platform, there is a problem: The Barcode can't be displayed correctly, but occurs some Garbled. The font we use is “Carolinabar-B39-25F2”. But when we install the wine-0.9.25 instead of wine-1.0, the barcode can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gongweixiang
1 Replies

3. Linux

Why our application can't show the BarCode Font?

please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gongweixiang
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

console redirect of progress bar

I'm trying to write a python wrapper around wget to show the progress bar on a gui application. Wget gives you a progress bar on command line, but how would I pipe that to some "tty" that's really just a variable I read, or am I going about it all wrong? When I try to just redirect the output to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
1 Replies

5. Programming

What is the difference between console-based and xwindow-based application?

Hi everyone, What is the difference between console-based and Xwindow-based application? Can I say the application working well in Xwindows can work in console? Can I say the application working well in console cann't work in Xwindow perhaps. Eg, ncurses is console-based and Imlib2 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuyan03
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show status of progress?

So, What is the best method, if even possible, to display a percentage or a status or progress of a certain command? For example I am forcing a block copy of a an OS image from one machine to another via a shell script and would like for it to display a progress or status so I know if it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just want to show wget progress bar

I have been developing a download manager bash script recently using wget. while downloading a file, the user interface is something like downloading: DSCF0599.JPG ... --09:30:42-- http://xxx.xxx/DSCF0599.JPG => `/home/rastacre/Downloads/DSCF0599.JPG' Resolving xxx.xxx...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anid
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Needs help in launching a console application with the help of daemon process

Hi All, I am facing problem in launching a application with the help of a daemon process. Actually the application is based on command line that reads various commands for controlling the application from the console and accordingly executes those commands. The application always interact with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopallinux
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

How to show Cisco Router Running Configuration in Third Party Application

Hey everyone, I have a few question. 1. Is it possible to display cisco 'show run' output command to the application ?? 2. And is there any ways to log in to the router instead of using telnet from telnet application??? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
0 Replies
PLYMOUTH(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       PLYMOUTH(1)

NAME
plymouth - Send commands to plymouthd SYNOPSIS
plymouth [OPTION...] plymouth COMMAND [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
The plymouth sends commands to a running plymouthd. This is used during the boot process to control the display of the graphical boot splash. OPTIONS
The following options are understood. These options are supported for compatibility with the old rhgb-client interface, and have been replaced by the commands that are described in the next section. --help Show summary of options. --debug Enable verbose debug logging. --get-splash-plugin-path Get directory where splash plugins are installed. --newroot=[STRING] Tell plymouthd that the new root filesystem is mounted. --quit Tell plymouthd to quit. --ping Check if plymouthd is running. --has-active-vt Check if plymouthd has an active vt. --sysinit Tell plymouthd root filesystem is mounted read-write. --show-splash Show the splash screen. --hide-splash Hide the splash screen. --ask-for-password Ask the user for a password. --ignore-keystroke=[STRING] Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --update=[STRING] Tell plymouthd an update about boot progress. --details Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. --wait Wait for plymouthd to quit. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: change-mode OPTION Change the operation mode. --boot-up Start the system up --shutdown Shutting the system up --updates Applying updates system-update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot progress. --progress=INTEGER The percentage progress of the updates update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot status changes. --status=STRING Tell plymouthd the current boot status update-root-fs OPTION Tell plymouthd about root filesystem changes. --new-root-dir=STRING Root filesystem is about to change --read-write Root filesystem is no longer read-only show-splash Tell plymouthd to show splash screen. hide-splash Tell plymouthd to hide splash screen. ask-for-password OPTION Ask the user for a password. --command=STRING Command to send password to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking for password --number-of-tries=INTEGER Number of times to ask before giving up (requires --command) --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking ask-question Ask the user a question. --command=STRING Command to send the answer to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking the question --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking display-message OPTION Display a message. --text=STRING The message text hide-message OPTION Hide a message. --text=STRING The message text watch-keystroke OPTION Become sensitive to a keystroke. --command=STRING Command to send keystroke to via standard input --keys=STRING Keys to become sensitive to ignore-keystroke OPTION Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --keys=STRING Keys to remove sensitivitiy from pause-progress Pause boot progress bar. unpause-progress Unpause boot progress bar. report-error Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. deactivate Tell plymouthd to deactivate. reactivate Tell plymouthd to reactivate. quit OPTION Tell plymouthd to quit. --retain-splash Don't explicitly hide boot splash on exit SEE ALSO
grub(8), plymouth(8), plymouthd(8), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth plymouth PLYMOUTH(1)