Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem installing the software HDLM Post 302419655 by TonyFullerMalv on Friday 7th of May 2010 04:52:18 PM
Old 05-07-2010
I presume there is not actually a space between the
Code:
./

and the
Code:
Installhdlm

?

I do not know the product but assume that Installhdlm is a script, run:
Code:
# file ./Installhdlm

The response will tell you what type of file it is, if it is a script, then run:
Code:
# more ./Installhdlm

to confirm what shell it is written for, you should see something like:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

or
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

at the top which determines what shell it is run in.

Whatever the shell is try running:

Code:
/bin/sh -x ./Installhdlm

Replacing /bin/sh with the script in the file. This will hopefully show you what the script is doing, you can then see where KAPL09187-W comes from and what it is being handed as a parameter to!

If you are not comfortable with doing all this then you are just as well talking to Hitachi about it...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing software

when i d/l files from net "/usr/port/editor/koffice then make" i don't know what excactly have to do after when it finnished d/l it and configure i guess what its done downloading file it configures :confused: the file what do i have to do next I use FREEBSD 4.5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: challenger
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

installing new software

Hello, I recently downloaded and installed fedora core 3, and I am triyng to install other software like movie players and so on, when ever I download software for this operating system, I recieve with the software a text file explaining how to install it. The installation instrucions are allways... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: st_matan
1 Replies

3. AIX

having problem with HDLM software installation

HI Guys, I have AIX 5.3 with TL05 ...I am trying to install HDLM 5.80/5.81 on this. Installed Hitachi.aix.support.rte file set. HDLM kept on installing ...it is not comming out .command status is "running" ============================================ Command: running stdout: yes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

4. AIX

HDLM installation problem

Hi Guys, I have a typical problem in installing HDLM software.. Command status says still running ...and at the bottom i see..KAPL09076-I The permanent license was installed. It is not coming out/no errors.. Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

5. SuSE

installing software

hi, i have installed suse linux (10) at my home. can anyone tell me how do i install the softwares like players , messengers etc. i am new to linux ,i am learning now. can anyone suggest or post any material so that i can easily go through and learn. thanks in advance. vishwa. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswareddy.32
6 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

problem installing software package with MPI support

So I have been struggling for the past few days to install a simulation package lammps (http://lammps.sandia.gov/) on my Mac OS X. I am well aware that this is a Ubuntu forum, but you guys seem to know a lot of UNIX stuff, so I was hoping someone might have a solution to my problem... To run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oscar78
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Installing software

Greetings, all. I'm a newcomer here, and I appreciate the forum to ask questions. Here is the situation: I am installing software on a network hard-drive (NAS), to add functionality to it. The OS is in a read-only flash partition. Someone else hacked the firmware to install Busybox on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansen
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem installing the software HDLM

Estou tentando instalar o software de HDLM ( Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager ) e está apresentando a seguinte mensagem: -bash-3.00# ./installhdlm KAPL09187-W No parameter is specified. Não sei que parameter é esse ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: to.brunoaugusto
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Zoning permission problem when installing software

hi all i am working on zone and when i try to install software i face read and write permisssion on directory which zonning inherit from them so how can i add read and write permission to zone already running (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Facing problem with installing CF engine software in solaris 10

Dear experts, I am using solaris 10 OS.I am installing CF engine software in the server while doing so ,i am getting following error checking for BerkeleyDB location in default... configure: error: >> Cannot find BerkeleyDB I am installing the Berkely DB 5.3.I am strugging... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
1 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)