Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX: Finding processes attached to shared memory Post 302419268 by DreamWarrior on Thursday 6th of May 2010 04:32:05 PM
Old 05-06-2010
Well...it looks like that would work...alas, svmon is not executable by anyone other than root on our machines.... I'll see if I can get that fixed. Thanks!

Any other commands that may do it in light of the root problem?

---------- Post updated at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:29 PM ----------

How can that happen? The kernel should clean up after the process ends, so while it is possible that no one ever flagged the segment to be deleted, if it does get flagged, when every process ends/dies it should go away.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

memory problem in AIX shared libraries

Hi All, I'm facing the following issue with my shared libraries in AIX. memory related calls such as memset, memcpy, malloc etc are failing miserably. there is something wrong with stack/memory which i can't guess. i've used the following flags to build my libraray: ld -G... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav05252
0 Replies

2. AIX

finding memory frequency on vio server in aix

is it possible to find out memory frequency(speed) in vio server in aix? Regards Manoj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding shared memory

Using pmap, I was able to get a memory map of an Oracle process. It had the following id: 0000000380000000 4194320K rwxsR Converting that Hex ID to decimal gave: 352321658 So, then I did ipcs -am: IPC status from <running system> as of Thu Jun 18 15:43:17 MDT 2009 T ID ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes in Shared Memory

Hello , I would like to know how to check if a given process id belongs to particualr shared memory segment . Please help Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Discrepancy in finding the top memory consuming processes

When I run 'top' command,I see the following Memory: 32G real, 12G free, 96G swap free Though it shows as 12G free,I am not able to account for processes that consume the rest 20G. In my understanding some process should be consuming atleast 15-16 G but I am not able to find them. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

processes and shared memory

Hi again! I have 2 questions ..: How can i create exactly one number of processes ? For example i want to create l*n processes and i tried this: for(i=0;i<l*n;i++){ pid=fork()} But it creates more than l*n Also, i want each child to run another x.c program with 3 command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giampoul
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

processes and shared memory

Hi again! I have 2 questions ..: How can i create exactly one number of processes ? For example i want to create l*n processes and i tried this: for(i=0;i<l*n;i++){ pid=fork()} But it creates more than l*n Also, i want each child to run another x.c program with 3 command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giampoul
1 Replies

8. Programming

Shared library with acces to shared memory.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for advice about low level POSIX programming. I have to implement a POSIX compliant C shared library. A file will have some variables and the shared library will have some functions which need those variables. There is one special... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjag
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the most memory consuming processes in Linux

Platform: Oracle Linux 6.4 To find the most memory consuming processes, I tried the following 2 methods 1. Method1 # ps aux | head -1 ; ps aux | sort -nk +4 | tail -7 USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND root 95 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX memory usage by processes

Hi, i have 2 identical web servers using AIX. I use nmon analyser to check their performance. The server A exceeds 20% memory usage for system, 5% for cache and the rest 75% for processes. While, it uses 4% of Paging Space. The server B exceeds 20% for system, 45% for cache and 35% for processes.... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: dim
24 Replies
IPC::SysV(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    IPC::SysV(3pm)

NAME
IPC::SysV - System V IPC constants and system calls SYNOPSIS
use IPC::SysV qw(IPC_STAT IPC_PRIVATE); DESCRIPTION
"IPC::SysV" defines and conditionally exports all the constants defined in your system include files which are needed by the SysV IPC calls. Common ones include IPC_CREATE IPC_EXCL IPC_NOWAIT IPC_PRIVATE IPC_RMID IPC_SET IPC_STAT GETVAL SETVAL GETPID GETNCNT GETZCNT GETALL SETALL SEM_A SEM_R SEM_UNDO SHM_RDONLY SHM_RND SHMLBA and auxiliary ones S_IRUSR S_IWUSR S_IRWXU S_IRGRP S_IWGRP S_IRWXG S_IROTH S_IWOTH S_IRWXO but your system might have more. ftok( PATH ) ftok( PATH, ID ) Return a key based on PATH and ID, which can be used as a key for "msgget", "semget" and "shmget". See ftok. If ID is omitted, it defaults to 1. If a single character is given for ID, the numeric value of that character is used. shmat( ID, ADDR, FLAG ) Attach the shared memory segment identified by ID to the address space of the calling process. See shmat. ADDR should be "undef" unless you really know what you're doing. shmdt( ADDR ) Detach the shared memory segment located at the address specified by ADDR from the address space of the calling process. See shmdt. memread( ADDR, VAR, POS, SIZE ) Reads SIZE bytes from a memory segment at ADDR starting at position POS. VAR must be a variable that will hold the data read. Returns true if successful, or false if there is an error. memread() taints the variable. memwrite( ADDR, STRING, POS, SIZE ) Writes SIZE bytes from STRING to a memory segment at ADDR starting at position POS. If STRING is too long, only SIZE bytes are used; if STRING is too short, nulls are written to fill out SIZE bytes. Returns true if successful, or false if there is an error. SEE ALSO
IPC::Msg, IPC::Semaphore, IPC::SharedMem, ftok, shmat, shmdt AUTHORS
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>, Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi>, Marcus Holland-Moritz <mhx@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Version 2.x, Copyright (C) 2007-2010, Marcus Holland-Moritz. Version 1.x, Copyright (c) 1997, Graham Barr. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 IPC::SysV(3pm)