Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support HP-UX 11iv3 crash on integrity bl870c during os kernel boot Post 302419223 by vbe on Thursday 6th of May 2010 02:06:25 PM
Old 05-06-2010
Unfortunately I have no experience of v3...
But based on old issues I had to deal with, two things come to mind:
a new kernel (but too big to boot...)
someone got the disks puzzled (conflicting, you know like 2 devices with same SCSI ID...)

My 2 cents

Good luck...
I will keep you informed if I can think of anything else, but I am in a big porting phase and should be in production next week so have not much time to spare...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Wanting to boot from a previous kernel

I tried to add ppp on a serial line tty1b and I relink the kernel. Now, I would like to boot from the previous kernel because I lost the connexion for the others terminal (serial lines) too. I would appreciate any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacctono
3 Replies

2. BSD

kernel fail to boot after recompile it

Salamo Alikom after recompilation my kernel does not boot and display msg said : enter full path to bash : /bin/sh i try fsck -r ,fsck -y but the problem is steel . my make.conf : PERL_VER=5.8.8 OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8 PERL_VERSION=5.8.8 MODULES_OVERRIDE = linux acpi accf_http pccard msdosfs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFE
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Help with firmware upgrade on blade BL870c

Hi gurus, I was more on the Sun side and now am getting exposure to the HP-UX side of the world. I have to upgrade firmware on BL870c blade. Can some one point to a url or give procedure to follow as I couldn't find much on the web. Thanks Momin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New kernel won't boot

I compiled new kernel in linux 10.04 called linux-2.6.26.8-xenomai, it runs alongside the other kernel, but when I want to boot it I get an error message saying: Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! /dev/sda5 does not exist. After making the modules and headers I made the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdop
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Kernel can not boot after upgrade on Fedora OS 15.

Hello, everyone. I am using Fedora 15, and want to upgrade to version 16. I follow the official link Upgrading Fedora using yum - FedoraProject to upgrade my OS by the following command: yum update kernel* --releasever=16 yum groupupdate Base --releasever=16 reboot After reboot, OS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Boot disk crash with metadb config info

Hello all; We have a SunFire V240 with three disks that were part of a metadb. One of those disks, the boot disk, experienced a horrible death Monday night and we're now trying to recover from that. I know very little about metadb stuff, so please be gentle with me... I'm assuming... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Handon
3 Replies

8. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel crash - NULL pointer dereference when calling DEVICE_WRITE from KTHREAD in a USB device drive

I'm writing a simple USB driver to drive a stepper motor based on USB Skeleton 2.2 Driver, kernel 3.8. The basic version is running properly. As a advancement, I introduced KTHREAD to call the DEVICE_WRITE (skel_write) (), so that the driver will be available for other tasks & requests. Calling... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miteshgaware
0 Replies
reboot(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); DESCRIPTION
The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. SEE ALSO
Intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)