Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: data resolution
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat data resolution Post 302419095 by pludi on Thursday 6th of May 2010 09:32:02 AM
Old 05-06-2010
I think you mean the date (as in time/date) resolution, not the data resolution. And no, short of recompiling the kernel and probably screwing up your system beyond repair in the process you can't change that resolution, as it's simply based on the seconds since the epoch in a 32bit signed integer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resolution..??

When i start my pc after the installation of suse linux it ask me for resolution but not for graphical interface, for console, can i run a command to change it again? Thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux_fan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP/IP name resolution

We have 2 Unix boxes. AIX 4.3 RS/6000 Linux RedHat 6.1 Intel There is a name server running on the linux machine. This is not used on the AIX machine ( it simply uses /etc/hosts ). Now i have rsh permission denied problems and i suspect our AIX and tcp/ip name resolution. I was told to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor Resolution

My machine (Sun Blade 100) has just had it's OS reinstalled (solaris 8). For some reason the monitor resolution has changed (decreaded so that I have less monitor real esate). Does anybody know the command to change monitor resolution in Solaris? Cheers AreaMan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AreaMan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor Resolution

Guys, We are going to order the wide screen monitor with 1920*1200 resolution for one U60 in our client side, that their current graphic card is Elite3D-m6 and the higher resolution which this card supports is 1280*1024. I just want to make sure wehther we are able to work with this monitor via... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS name resolution

Hi, I got solaris 10 installed on a E250 and i am expericing issues resolving dns. from some research i think it's becuase where i haven't set-up NIS and i don't intend too as i am just setting up a box to poke communigate pro. Any help or advice please? Thanks in advance Alan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: e250user
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Problem with name resolution?

I have an AIX4.3 box on our subnet, called LIMEST3.OURDOMAIN.CO.UK, with IP address 10.103.1.13 It has the following entry in its own /etc/hosts: 10.103.1.13 limest3 limest3.ourdomain.co.uk Now, if I ping limest3.ourdomain.co.uk or ping 10.103.1.13, the result is instant. However if I ping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimbleshanks
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Desktop Resolution

Hi friends, i had small problem in my home pc i install solaris 10 but GUI is very big cannot view any thing, but i can open terminal where with very difficulty is there any command to re size my resolution some thing like 1024. if not i want to log in default console other than GUI only terminal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
5 Replies

8. Solaris

screen resolution

how to change screen resolution in CDE prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Screen Resolution

Hi all. I have a very peculiar problem in Solaris 10. The output of the m64config -prconf command with regards the Card Adapter is the following. Card possible resolutions: 720x400x85, 640x480x60, 640x480x72, 640x480x75 800x600x56, 800x600x60, 800x600x72, 800x600x75, 1024x768x60 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxman
0 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

netbios name resolution + w7

Hello guys, At windows 7, when multiple ip addresses used on one nic, starting "network" from desktop is able to resolve samba machine's name (freebsd + samba3.5.9 from ports) but does not want to open machine (error: unexisting) nor ping it by name. Works fine if specified by ipv4/ipv6 address... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hachik
2 Replies
clocks(2)							System Calls Manual							 clocks(2)

NAME
clock_settime(), clock_gettime(), clock_getres() - clock operations SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
clock_settime() The function sets the specified clock, to the value specified by Time values that are between two consecutive non-negative integer multi- ples of the resolution of the specified clock are truncated down to the smaller multiple of the resolution. clock_gettime() The function returns the current value for the specified clock, clock_getres() The resolution of any clock can be obtained by calling Clock resolutions are implementation defined and are not settable by a process. If the argument is not NULL, the resolution of the specified clock is stored into the location pointed to by If is NULL, the clock resolution is not returned. A clock may be system wide, that is, visible to all processes; or per-process, measuring time that is meaningful only within a process. The following clocks are supported: This clock represents the realtime clock for the system. For this clock, the values returned by and specified by represent the amount of time (in seconds and nanoseconds) since the Epoch. It is a system wide clock. The privilege is required to set this clock. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. This clock represents the amount of time (in seconds and nanoseconds) that the calling process has spent executing code in the user's context. It is a per-process clock. It cannot be set by the user. This clock represents the amount of time (in seconds and nanoseconds) that the calling process has spent executing code in both the user's context and in the operating system on behalf of the calling process. It is a per-process clock. It cannot be set by the user. These clocks are high resolution hardware clocks present on HP-RT realtime systems. It is included here so that applications accessing this hardware can be compiled on HP-UX systems and then ported to an HP-RT target. HP-UX does not support or RETURN VALUE
A return of zero indicates that the call succeeded. A return value of -1 indicates that an error occurred, and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the and functions return -1 and set (see errno(2)) to the corresponding value: The functions and are not supported by this implementation. The argument does not specify a known clock. The argument to is outside the range for the given The argument specified a nanosecond value less than zero or greater than or equal to 1000 million. The requesting process does not have the necessary privileges to set the specified clock. The or argument points to an invalid address. EXAMPLES
Advance the system wide realtime clock approximately one hour: Get the resolution of the user profiling clock: AUTHOR
and were derived from the proposed IEEE POSIX P1003.4 Standard, Draft 14. SEE ALSO
timers(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
clocks(2)