Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirect Output and Error in 2 different files Post 302419006 by dr.house on Thursday 6th of May 2010 03:16:15 AM
Old 05-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankimmehta
Code:
>> $root_dir/$filename

Code:
1>> $root_dir/$log_out 2>> $root_dir/$log_err

(Reference)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to multiple files.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of a command to multiple files, each file holding the exact same copy. From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping: redirect output and error

Hi, I use this function (now modified with elif) for check if a pc is up: check_pc() { $PING $PC 1 2> /dev/null if ; then check_dir #Other function echo "Begin backup operation for $PC" echo "$SMBTAR -s $PC -u $USER -p $PASS -x $SHARE$EXCL -t - | gzip -c >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect output(error and normal) to 2 different files

Hello, I have a java program which i am calling in shell script. I wanted to redirect output to 2 differetn files. Output should have both 1 & 2 (normal and error) in both file. pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically redirect output to duplicate files ???

Hi There are many posts in this forum regarding reditecting output, but mine is a different problem, please have a look. My shell script is redirecting output to a log file dynamically. That is it is using - exec > log1.txt 2>&1 Hence all the traces are appearing in the log1.txt. I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect only the standard error output to mail

I'm writing a script using file descriptor 2 (std error) to send an email only if the command fails or errors out but the script always emails me irrepective of whether it fails or not. It will not email the /tmp/check.error file output if doesn't error out just the mail with the subject "Cannot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barkath
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous output redirect error

Hi everyone, While I was trying to do DATE=`date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S"` STARTLOG=$TUXSTDDIR/start_$DATE.log tmboot -y > $STARTLOG 2>&1 I got an error i.e. Ambiguous output redirect error. Here the first part is to boot the account so there is nothing wrong with that.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

8. Linux

Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files

Hi, I need help on following linux bash script. When I linux commands for loop or while loop on individual file it runs great. but now I want the script to run on N number of files so it gives me ambiguous redirect error on line 12 and syntax error on line 22 : (pls help ); #!/bin/bash #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhusudan Das
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies
HXCOPY(1)							  HTML-XML-utils							 HXCOPY(1)

NAME
hxcopy - copy an HTML file and update its relative links SYNOPSIS
hxcopy [ -i old-URL ] [ -o new-URL ] [ file-or-URL [ file-or-URL ] ] DESCRIPTION
The hxcopy command copies its first argument to its second argument, while updating relative links. The input is assumed to be HTML or XHTML and may be slightly reformatted in the process. If the second argument is omitted, hxcopy writes to standard output. In this case the option -o is required. If the first argument is also omitted, hxcopy reads from standard input. In this case the option -i is required. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i old-URL For the purposes of updating relative links, act as if old-URL is the location from which the input is copied. If this option is omitted, the actual location of the first argument is used for calculating relative links. -o new-URL For the purposed of updating relative links, act as if new-URL is the location to which the input is copied. If this option is omitted, the actual location of the second argument is used for calculating relative links. ENVIRONMENT
To use a proxy to retrieve remote files, set the environment variables http_proxy and ftp_proxy. E.g., http_proxy="http://localhost:8080/" BUGS
Unlike the last argument of cp(1), the last argument of hxcopy must be a file, not a directory. The second argument must be a local file. Writing to a URL is not yet implemented. To work around this, replace hxcopy file.html http://example.org/file.html by hxcopy -o http://example.org/file.html file.html tmp.html and then upload tmp.html to the given URL with some other command, such as curl(1). The first argument, however, may be a URL. hxcopy will download the given file. (Currently only HTTP is supported.) EXAMPLE
Assume the HTML file foo.html contains a relative link to "../bar.html". Here are some examples of commands: hxcopy foo.html bar/foo.html The file foo.html is copied to ../bar/foo.html and the relative link to "../bar.html" becomes "../../bar.html". hxcopy foo.html ../foo.html The file foo.html is copied to ../foo.html and the relative link to "../bar.html" is rewritten as "bar.html". hxcopy -i http://my.org/dir1/foo.html -o http://my.org/foo.html file1.html file2.html The file file1.html is copied to file2.html and the relative link to "../bar.html" is rewritten as "bar.html". A command like this may be useful to update files that are later uploaded to a server. SEE ALSO
cp(1), curl(1), hxwls(1) 6.x 9 Dec 2008 HXCOPY(1)