Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing VMmark virtualization benchmarks Post 302418941 by plus2plus on Wednesday 5th of May 2010 08:14:33 PM
Old 05-05-2010
HP has posted some very impressive VMmark scores for the DL385G7:

30.60 @ 21 tiles for a 24x2.3Ghz Core , 128GB RAM box. This is a lot higher than the estimate of 26 used in the Anandtech-MC-Westmere comparison and is actually higher than the 24x2.8GHz, 128GB Istanbul result for the DL585G6.

The two posted Westmere results are higher but do have 192GB of RAM installed. Now it may or may not be that Westmere can make more use of that additional RAM in VMmark (small VMs) but looks like AMD has done very well indeed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Processing Benchmarks ?

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where to I could find published benchmarks for how a Linux box performs. It would be nice if I could find a comparison to the Windows OS. Thanks, Lance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcstephens
2 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Instructions for Linux Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: unzip or untar and cd into the bm directory STEP 3: make (Note: there is a pre-compiled Linux binary in the distro, so Linux users don't have to make a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

Instructions for UNIX Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: Unzip or Untar STEP 3: make STEP 4: Run STEP: 5: Please login to www.unix.com and post test results along with platform info to: Include (if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX Benchmarks

unix s/w download using benchmarks

I downloaded the unix s/w given in the bench marks to my home laptop. The C: drive isn't partitioned.The instructions are given to unzip, make and run. please list the proper ways to do the commands how to unzipa nd make them. should i partition my hard drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravus
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Intel CPU benchmarks

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows here I can get a graph of Intel Vs AMD CPU's graph. I have found one and it's great though only for the desktop CPU. I'm also looking for one that includes the Pentium M CPU's and the next CPU's after that. This is because I'm looking at getting a laptop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woofie
1 Replies

6. Linux Benchmarks

Linux Benchmarks Makes No Sense

I created two computers with identical hardware, and run the benchmark programs in both starting at the same exact time. What makes no sense is that the computer that has the lower average index (121) finished the race a good 30 minutes ahead of the computer wich showed the higher avg index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philip_38
0 Replies

7. Linux Benchmarks

Results for Linux Benchmarks

Hi, I was trying to build Linux Benchmarks with latest Intel C++ Compiler. When I used -ipo (inter-procedural optimization) option, arithmetic test (arith.c) failed on execution. The problem is Intel compiler's advanced optimization option (-ipo) optimizes much more than expected and this... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpjain
50 Replies

8. UNIX Benchmarks

FreeBSD `buildkernel' and `buildworld' Benchmarks

Just for fun, I thought I'd post my output from `time make -j4 buildworld' and `time make -j4 buildkernel' and see if anyone else had any good times. The machine is an Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHz with 2048MB DDR3. -------------------------------------------------------------- >>> Kernel build... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glen.barber
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Benchmarks

I need a little clarification in understanding why there would be a need for a benchmark file when used with a backup script. Logically thinking would tell me that the backups itself(backuptest.tgz) would have the time created and etc. So what would be the purpose of such a file: touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8) 			   systemd-cryptsetup-generator 			   SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-cryptsetup-generator - Unit generator for /etc/crypttab SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-cryptsetup-generator is a generator that translates /etc/crypttab into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will create systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8) units as necessary. systemd-cryptsetup-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-cryptsetup-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: luks=, rd.luks= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", disables the generator entirely. rd.luks= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.crypttab=, rd.luks.crypttab= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", causes the generator to ignore any devices configured in /etc/crypttab (luks.uuid= will still work however). rd.luks.crypttab= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.crypttab= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.uuid=, rd.luks.uuid= Takes a LUKS superblock UUID as argument. This will activate the specified device as part of the boot process as if it was listed in /etc/crypttab. This option may be specified more than once in order to set up multiple devices. rd.luks.uuid= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.uuid= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. If /etc/crypttab contains entries with the same UUID, then the name, keyfile and options specified there will be used. Otherwise, the device will have the name "luks-UUID". If /etc/crypttab exists, only those UUIDs specified on the kernel command line will be activated in the initrd or the real root. luks.name=, rd.luks.name= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a name. This implies rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid= and will additionally make the LUKS device given by the UUID appear under the provided name. rd.luks.name= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.name= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.options=, rd.luks.options= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a string of options separated by commas as argument. This will override the options for the given UUID. If only a list of options, without an UUID, is specified, they apply to any UUIDs not specified elsewhere, and without an entry in /etc/crypttab. rd.luks.options= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.options= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.key=, rd.luks.key= Takes a password file name as argument or a LUKS super block UUID followed by a "=" and a password file name. For those entries specified with rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid=, the password file will be set to the one specified by rd.luks.key= or luks.key= of the corresponding UUID, or the password file that was specified without a UUID. rd.luks.key= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.key= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), crypttab(5), systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8), cryptsetup(8), systemd-fstab-generator(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)